Fender American Vintage 59 Stratocaster - 3-color Sunburst
find lower price somewhere else? we match price! Let us know
You can buy from our marketplace too
1959 Was a Special Year for the Strat...
With your hands on the Fender American Vintage '59 Stratocaster solidbody electric guitar, you'll understand why 1959 was such a special year for the iconic Strat. Fender based the American Vintage Series on actual vintage guitars from their past to bring you a period-correct '59 Strat that plays like a modern classic. The American Vintage '59 Stratocaster is built just like a 1959 original - you get an alder body, a slim-profile D-shaped maple neck, a rosewood fingerboard, and vintage-style appointments throughout. And with a trio of specially-voiced American Vintage '59 Strat single-coil pickups, your favorite amplifier will love the Fender American Vintage '59 Stratocaster as much as you do.
Fender American Vintage '59 Stratocaster Solidbody Electric Guitar at a Glance:
- American Vintage Series means period-accurate details
- Why 1959?
- Vintage-style pickups provide classic tone
Fender spared no expense in creating the American Vintage Series, and you'll see it in the American Vintage '59 Stratocaster. To make it as vintage-accurate as possible, Fender restored original tooling dies, voiced new pickups, and even reformulated vintage finishes based on actual vintage examples. The result is a guitar that not only looks accurate - but it also feels like you're playing a well-worn classic that's been waiting to be rediscovered.Why 1959?
Fender chose to include 1959 models in their American Vintage Series because it was an especially innovative year for the Stratocaster. By the end of the year Fender had experimented with slimmer necks, rosewood fretboards, and multiply laminated pickguards. This American Vintage '59 Strat boasts all of these, making it a perfect reproduction of a late-'59 Strat.Vintage-style pickups provide classic tone
Fender wouldn't rest until the American Vintage '59 Stratocaster sounded as vintage as it looked, so they got to work developing a special set of pickups specifically for the American Vintage Series. This Strat packs a trio of American Vintage '59 Strat single-coil pickups, specially wound to period-correct specs and tone. You get the same tonal versatility that made the Strat the legend it is today.Fender American Vintage '59 Stratocaster Solidbody Electric Guitar Features:
- American Vintage Series Stratocaster based on the design of original 1959 Strats
- Vintage-style Flash Coat Lacquer finish is thinner than modern finishes, allowing the alder body to breathe and enhance tonally as it ages
- Slim-profile D-shaped neck plays fast, and is true to 1959-style Strats
- 3 specially voiced American Vintage '59 Strat single-coil pickups are wound to match the sound and specs of original '50s pickups
- Aged plastic knobs and switch caps complete the vintage look
- Comes with vintage '59 Strat strap, cable, cloth, vintage 3-position switch, '50s Strat information kit, bridge cover, owners manual, and saddle height wrench
- Deluxe vintage brown hard case included
Play a sweet blast from the past - the Fender American Vintage '59 Stratocaster!
|Number of Strings||6|
|Body Finish||Flash Coat Lacquer|
|Neck Material||Maple, bolt-on|
|Neck Shape||"D" shape|
|Fingerboard Material||Rosewood, 7.25" radius|
|Number of Frets||21, vintage-style|
|Bridge/Tailpiece||American Vintage Synchronized Tremolo|
|Tuners||"Fender Deluxe" vintage-style tuners|
|Number of Pickups||3|
|Neck Pickup||American Vintage '59 Strat single-coil|
|Middle Pickup||American Vintage '59 Strat single-coil|
|Bridge Pickup||American Vintage '59 Strat single-coil|
|Controls||Master Volume, 2 x Tone, 5-way selector|
|Strings||Fender USA 250R, (.010-.046)|
|Manufacturer Part Number||0111600800|