Martin D-45 Guitar Natural
This decked out Dreadnought is the flagship model of the Standard Series. It is the most ornate of all the instruments, featuring hand inlaid pearl on the top, back, sides, and neck. Premium tonewoods and all of the advancements of the reimagined Standard Series such as forward shifted scalloped braces, antique white binding and a high performance neck. The guitar of choice for legends like Gene Autry and Neil Young, it’s the perfect guitar for any discerning collector or musician. Nothing says you’ve arrived like a D-45.
Martin's flagship dreadnought guitar
The D-45 represents the most elegantly appointed dreadnought in Martin's standard collection. You get it all with this guitar: a luxurious sound, gorgeous appointments, and the kind of playability that makes you want to pick it up again and again. It's no coincidence that prewar D-45s are some of the most sought-after guitars in the world — and not just because they're so rare; the D-45 model is simply the pinnacle of Martin's premium brand.
You'll love these tonewoods
While you may first be drawn to the D-45 by its elegant looks, you'll soon find that the heart of this guitar lies in its big, detailed sound. The D-45's back and sides are built from solid East Indian rosewood, which, in combination with the solid Sitka spruce top, braced for a huge bottom end, provides an unmatched playing experience. You'll also love the D-45's premium solid black ebony fingerboard and bridge.
Slimmer, easier-playing neck
Martin's Modified Low Oval mahogany neck with High Performance Taper delivers a new level of performance in the latest D-45. Technical players will enjoy greater speed and accuracy, while strummers will enjoy greater comfort as the night rolls along.
The Martin D-45 legacy
Martin avoided making their guitars with too much "flashy ornamentation" during the first century or so of their existence, arguing that it would detract from the tone and the dignity of the instruments. But when Gene Autry custom-ordered the biggest, fanciest acoustic Martin could muster in 1933, the company complied. Thus, the first D-45 was born. This beautiful dreadnought still boasts abalone pearl top, side, and back inlays, and its fingerboard features distinctive hexagonal Style 45 position inlays.
Martin D-45 Acoustic Guitar Features:
- Martin's flagship dreadnought acoustic
- Antique appointments include butterbean gold tuning knobs and an aged toner finish
- Stunning inlays and visual appointments throughout
- Easier-playing Modified Low Oval/High Performance Taper mahogany neck
- Solid Sitka spruce and East Indian rosewood tonewoods
- Bass-enhancing forward shifted, scalloped X-bracing
- Dovetail joint increases tonal transfer between the neck and body
- String Type:Steel
- Number of Strings:6
- Body Shape:Dreadnought
- Color:Natural, Aging Toner
- Top Wood:Sitka Spruce
- Back & Sides Wood:East Indian Rosewood
- Body Bracing:Scalloped Forward Shifted X-bracing
- Binding:Antique White
- Neck Wood:Mahogany
- Neck Shape:Modified Low Oval, High Performance Taper
- Fingerboard Material:Ebony
- Fingerboard Inlay:Abalone Style 45 Hexagon
- Number of Frets:20
- Scale Length:25.4"
- Tuning Machines:Gold Open Gear
- Bridge Material:Ebony
- Nut/Saddle Material:Bone/Bone
- Nut Width:1.75"
- Strings:SP Acoustic 92/8 Phosphor Bronze Medium
- Case Included:Hardshell Case
- Manufacturer Part Number:10Y18D45