PRS 35th Anniversary Custom 24 - Autumn Sky 10 top thin neck 0342878
TCI Pickups and Private Stock Finishes Come to This Landmark Custom 24
Guitarists everywhere owe a debt to Paul Reed Smith and his "Custom"-model guitars of the 1980s. Like the Strat and Les Paul before it, the 24-fret Custom’s flawless double-cut design and effortless playability have given rise to entire generations of players and genres of music. To commemorate 35 years of these exquisite handcrafted instruments, Paul and PRS have released a 35th Anniversary edition of the guitar that helped make PRS a household name. The 35th Anniversary Custom 24 brings TCI ear-tuning and mini coil-split toggles to the past-meets-present 85/15 humbucking pickup voicing, along with a fleet of nitro-over-cellulose finish options — derived from the Private Stock lineup — to complement the carved maple tops and richly figured mahogany backs in new and exciting ways. A Pattern Thin mahogany neck with Birds-inlaid rosewood fingerboard adds speed and comfort to the classic CU24 recipe. All the while, faux-boned Phase III locking tuners, Gen III floating tremolo, and fingerboard-matching rosewood headstock veneer with inlaid Small Eagle truss rod cover add Paul's distinctive touches to this guitar.
High-gloss nitro over a cellulose CAB basecoat gives the 35th Anniversary Custom 24 a finish that’s thin, durable, and crystal clear — the perfect formula for vintage feel and superior resonance. If this recipe sounds familiar, it’s what PRS has been using on its Private Stock models for years.
Solid mahogany with a figured maple top
A tried-and-true combination of warm mahogany and figured maple is the key to the 35th Anniversary Custom 24’s rich tone and sustain. The mahogany body offers natural tonal warmth, which is complemented perfectly by the brighter tone of its beautifully carved maple top.
Pattern Thin mahogany neck
For legions of guitarists, PRS's Pattern Thin neck — a descendent of the former Wide Thin neck — adheres to the Goldilocks principle: not too big, not too small. Which makes this 35th Anniversary Custom 24 perfect for speed pickers and players with average-to-smaller hands. And with its smooth rosewood fingerboard adorned with iconic Bird inlays, no one will mistake your axe for anything other than a true PRS.
Ear-tuned 85/15 pickups
Paul retooled his original 1985 pickups to bring the sweet harmonics and chunky warmth of this classic design to your 35th Anniversary Custom 24 — but with modern output and articulation for today’s players and gear. Each set of pickups has been ear-tuned to perfection by Paul and his team, a process known as Tuned Capacitance and Inductance (TCI). The end result is a very musical pickup that’s true to its lineage, but updated for the modern player. Along with an intuitive 3-way blade, you get mini coil-tap switches to unlock classic single-coil spank and chime at each position with no perceived loss of output.
"[We’ve] used the TCI process to fine-tune every model to sound exactly as we want it to. To our ears, the results are very musical." — Paul Reed Smith on the 35th Anniversary Custom 24’s TCI-tuned 85/15 pickups
Gen III brass tremolo bridge
The 35th Anniversary Custom 24’s patented Gen III tremolo system blurs the line between a traditional vibrato bridge and a hardtail. From the radiusing of its bridge plate grooves to the added mass/diameter of its mounting screws, this machined brass bridge has been designed for maximum tonal transfer between the hardware and woods. The result is a great tone and high tuning performance, even for palm mutes and dives. Individually adjustable saddles that are held in by sidewalls to eliminate side-to-side motion further maximize intonation and tuning stability.
Phase III locking tuners with faux-bone buttons
On a guitar with a vibrato tailpiece, your tuners have got to perform reliably. PRS Phase III locking tuners are an elegant design with smooth, high-tolerance pegs, large buttons, an open back, and closed housing. Re-stringing is easy, as the locking tuners clip the string end for you, so you’ll spend much less time tuning up and more time playing. Faux-bone tuning buttons add a touch of class to this inimitable instrument.
PRS 35th Anniversary Custom 24 Solidbody Electric Guitar Features:
- A commemorative Custom 24 with special finish options, pickups, and appointments
- Thin, durable nitro-over-cellulose finish derived from the Private Stock collection
- Figured maple over mahogany — a classic tonewood recipe
- 25"-scale Pattern Thin mahogany neck is built for speed and comfort
- 24-fret Rosewood fingerboard with Birds inlays and matching headstock veneer
- TCI-tuned 85/15 humbuckers with coil-split mini toggles deliver an impressive range of tones
- PRS Gen III vibrato bridge/tailpiece gives you reliable note bending and rocksteady tuning
- Phase III locking tuners with faux-bone buttons
- Inlaid Small Eagle truss rod cover
- Body Type:Solidbody
- Body Shape:Custom 24
- Number of Strings:6
- Body Material:Mahogany
- Top Material:Figured Maple 10top
- Body Finish:Gloss Nitrocellulose Lacquer
- Neck Shape:Pattern Thin
- Fingerboard Material:Rosewood
- Fingerboard Inlay:PRS Birds
- Number of Frets:24
- Scale Length:25"
- Nut Width:1.6875"
- Nut Material:Synthetic/Bronze powder blend
- Bridge/Tailpiece:PRS Gen III Tremolo
- Tuners:PRS Phase III Locking
- Neck Pickup:PRS 85/15 Humbucker
- Bridge Pickup:PRS 85/15 Humbucker
- Controls:1 x master volume, 1 x master tone, 2 x mini toggle coil-tap switches, 3-way toggle pickup switch
- Strings:PRS, .010-.046
- Case Included:Hardshell Case
- Manufacturer Part Number:106262:FW:N