PRS 35th Anniversary S2 Custom 24 - Scarlet red
find lower price somewhere else? we match price! Let us know
You can buy from our marketplace too
A Special S2 to Mark the Custom's 35th Anniversary
PRS's 35th Anniversary celebration extends to an irresistible S2 model in the 35th Anniversary S2 Custom 24. This American-made beauty lands you all the hallmarks of the proud PRS lineage: a spanky bevel-cut maple top on a solid mahogany back, a great-playing Pattern Regular mahogany neck, and a glorious 24-fret fingerboard bedecked with those iconic Birds inlays. What's unique to the 35th Anniversary model are the pickups and switching. Both ends of the 85/15 "S" humbucker set have been tuned to retain articulation and note separation, even for high-gain applications with multiple amps fighting for ground. What surprised us most about the 35th Anniversary S2 Custom 24 is the switching, which you may recognize from the PRS Paul's Guitar. Two mini toggles independently transform each humbucker into a true single-coil pickup with the flip of a switch. And combined with the 3-way toggle, this nets you a total of eight utterly unique sounds to cover an impressive range of musical styles. Capping it all off is a set of S2 low-mass locking tuners, a high-performance molded tremolo, and a commemorative 35th Anniversary truss rod cover.
Solid mahogany/maple body
A tried-and-true combination of warm mahogany and crisp maple is the key to the 35th Anniversary S2 Custom 24’s rich tone and sustain. The mahogany body offers natural tonal warmth, which is complemented perfectly by the snappy response of its comfortable bevel-cut maple top.
Pattern Regular mahogany neck
The 35th Anniversary S2 Custom 24’s Pattern Regular neck shape is similar to necks found on Paul’s Virginia Ave. guitars of the late-1980s. The Pattern Regular neck carve is a nice balance between fat ’50s-style necks and the thin necks that became popular in the early ’60s. It’s ideal for players who alternate between thumb-over fretting techniques and classical left-hand positioning, pivoting with their thumb on the back of the neck.
PRS 85/15 "S" pickups
The 85/15 "S" pickups in this special S2 Custom 24 are modeled after the 85/15s Paul Reed Smith designed for PRS’s 35th anniversary. From shimmering cleans to blistering gain, the clarity and extended tonal range provided by these pickups make the 35 Anniversary S2 Custom 24 a true workhorse guitar. Along with an intuitive 3-way blade, you get mini coil-tap switches to unlock classic single-coil spank and chime at each position with no perceived loss of output.
American-made PRS S2 quality
PRS S2 guitars were designed to give you all the tone and playability that PRS is known for in an affordable, American-made instrument. Key features of this series include PRS S2 locking tuners, custom-wound pickups, molded PRS bridges, and a hybrid gloss finish. the PRS 35th Anniversary S2 Custom 24 delivers great playability and big tone at a killer price.
PRS 35th Anniversary S2 Custom 24 Solidbody Electric Guitar Features:
- An American-made S2 Custom 24 with special pickups and switching
- Solid maple over mahogany — a classic tonewood recipe
- 25"-scale Pattern Regular mahogany neck delivers classic PRS playability
- 24-fret rosewood fingerboard with Birds inlays
- PRS 85/15 "S" humbucking pickups offer remarkable clarity and range
- Coil-split mini toggles unlock 8 unique sounds
- Loaded with innovative S2 nickel hardware, including low-mass locking tuners and a molded trem bridge
- Body Type:Solidbody
- Body Shape:S2 Custom 24
- Number of Strings:6
- Body Material:Mahogany
- Top Material:Figured Maple
- Body Finish:Gloss
- Color:Faded Blue Smokeburst
- Neck Material:Mahogany
- Neck Shape:Pattern Regular
- Fingerboard Material:Rosewood
- Fingerboard Inlay:Pattern Regular
- Number of Frets:24
- Scale Length:25"
- Nut Width:1.656"
- Nut Material:Synthetic/Bronze powder blend
- Bridge/Tailpiece:PRS Molded Tremolo
- Tuners:PRS Low Mass Locking
- Neck Pickup:PRS 58/15 "S" Humbucker
- Bridge Pickup:PRS 58/15 "S" Humbucker
- Controls:1 x master volume, 1 x master tone, 2 x mini toggle coil-tap switches, 3-way toggle pickup switch
- Strings:PRS, .010-.046
- Case Included:Gig Bag
- Manufacturer Part Number:106359:FS:PGP