PRS S2 Vela - Antique White 190277613
PRS's First Offset Body Design
PRS proudly introduces their new S2 Vela solidbody electric guitar. Maintaining the high-level of workmanship the company is known for, PRS has changed their recipe for the new vintage-inspired Vela. Featuring a Starla treble humbucking pickup with coil-tap and a new Type-D single-coil bass pickup, the S2 Vela aims to rock, cut, and jangle with the best of them. PRS also added a new plate-style bridge with two intonation-compensated brass saddles, delivering the classic tone and visual appeal that guitarists love.
Asymmetrical body design
PRS looks to move their legacy ahead with a new take on their classic body design. Enter the S2 Vela and its offset, contoured Mahogany body. If you're looking for a guitar with its own look, or you're already a die-hard PRS devotee who's just looking for a new twist, this guitar is for you!
PRS Starla humbucker and Type-D single-coil pickups with coil-tap
The Vela is a killer tool to add to your arsenal of PRS tonal weapons. The Starla humbucker gives you the sweet sound that PRS is known for, including the coil-tap capability to take you into some serious jangle territory. The brand-new Type-D single-coil in the neck position harkens back to some of the greatest tones of the 1950s. With all the versatility you could ask for, the PRS S2 Vela delivers.
Brand new PRS plate-style bridge with brass saddles
For something completely different, PRS unveils their new plate-style bridge with two adjustable brass string saddles, manufactured for precise intonation. Being reminiscint of Paul Reed Smith's early designs, the bridge is a total departure from PRS's current offerings. The Vela's new bridge design will give you all the twang, sustain, and clarity you're after
PRS S2 Vela Features:
- Offset body is a new take on a classic design
- Starla and Type-D pickups open up a plethora of new sounds from PRS
- PRS plate-style bridge for maximum sustain and twang
- Pattern Regular neck means comfort of playing
- Locking S2 Tuners offer easy string changes and tuning stability
- 25" scale length for ideal string tension and ease of playing
- Body Type:Solidbody
- Body Shape:S2 Vela
- Number of Strings:6
- Body Material:Mahogany
- Body Finish:Gloss Acrylic Urethane
- Color:Antique White
- Neck Material:Mahogany
- Neck Shape:Pattern Regular
- Fingerboard Material:Rosewood
- Fingerboard Inlay:Dots
- Number of Frets:22, Medium Jumbo
- Scale Length:25"
- Nut Width:1.656"
- Nut Material:Synthetic/Bronze powder blend
- Bridge/Tailpiece:PRS Plate Style
- Tuners:PRS Low Mass Locking
- Neck Pickup:S2 Bass Type-D Single-coil
- Bridge Pickup:S2 Treble Starla Humbucker
- Controls:1 x master volume, 1 x master tone (push/pull coil-split), 3-way toggle pickup switch
- Case Included:Gig bag