Burstbucker pickups deliver vintage PAF tone
When it comes to capturing that vintage ’50s Patent Applied For (PAF) humbucker tone, nothing beats the sound of this Les Paul Standard’s Burstbucker pickups. Alnico II magnets capture the subtle variations in true humbucker tone, thanks to the period-correct unmatched windings on the bobbins. Plug into your favorite amp, and experience smooth low-end response, complex midrange crunch, and sweet-sounding highs. These pickups sound great clean, or they can be used to push your amp into overdrive for the legendary fat, snarling tone you can only get with a humbucker. Under the hood, the control assembly is handwired with matched potentiometers and Orange Drop capacitors, ensuring that you’ll hear the mellifluous voice of your Les Paul Standard ’50s in all its glory, even when you back down your volume.
Vintage ’50s neck and Plek’d frets for optimized playability
Comfort and playability were two of Gibson’s primary concerns when they were designing the Les Paul Standard ’50s. You’ll be delighted by how this guitar’s vintage ’50s neck profile comfortably fills your hand in just the right way. For your playing pleasure, the rosewood fingerboard is buffed to silky smoothness and bound with rolled edges so that no fret ends impede your dexterity. The frets are dressed to perfection using a Plek Pro machine for optimized playability. Typically reserved for top-dollar custom guitars, this process levels the frets with pinpoint precision, providing you with the most playable fretboard you’re likely to own.
Nitro finish for the look and feel of a classic
Gibson gave the Les Paul Standard ’50s a gorgeous nitrocellulose lacquer finish. Nitro finishes — standard back in the day — are significantly thinner than today’s polyurethane finishes, allowing the guitar to “breathe.” Nitro finishes not only look amazing, but they also enhance the instrument’s tonal qualities. The Les Paul Standard ’50s has the look and feel of a lovingly cared-for classic — one that will only improve with age.
Gibson Les Paul Standard ’50s Solidbody Electric Guitar Features:
- Mahogany body, maple top; gloss nitrocellulose lacquer finish
- Mahogany neck, vintage ’50s profile, gloss nitro finish
- Rosewood fingerboard, 12" radius, acrylic trapezoid inlays
- 24.75" scale length; 22 medium jumbo frets
- Bridge pickup: Burstbucker 2 humbucker
- Neck pickup: Burstbucker 1 humbucker
- Handwired electronics with Orange Drop capacitors
- 3-way pickup selector; per-pickup volume and tone controls
- ABR-1 Tune-o-matic bridge; stopbar tailpiece
- 1.695" Graph Tech nut (proprietary Gibson formula)
- Vintage Deluxe tuning machines
- Single-action truss rod
- Body Type:Solidbody
- Body Shape:Les Paul Standard '50s
- Number of Strings:6
- Body Material:Mahogany
- Top Material:Maple
- Body Finish:Gloss Nitrocellulose Lacquer
- Color:Tobacco Burst
- Neck Material:Mahogany
- Neck Shape:Vintage 50's
- Fingerboard Material:Rosewood
- Fingerboard Inlay:Acrylic Trapezoids
- Number of Frets:22, Medium Jumbo
- Scale Length:24.75"
- Nut Width:1.695"
- Nut Material:GraphTech
- Bridge/Tailpiece:ABR-1 Tune-O-Matic with Stopbar
- Tuners:Vintage Deluxe
- Neck Pickup:Burstbucker 1 Humbucker
- Bridge Pickup:Burstbucker 2 Humbucker
- Controls:2 x volume, 2 x tone, 3-way togle pickup switch
- Case Included:Hardshell Case
- Manufacturer Part Number:LPS500TONH1