Ernie Ball Music Man BFR Bongo 5 Bass Guitar - Satin Honey Burst F85324
find lower price somewhere else? we match price! Let us know
You can buy from our marketplace too
The Special Edition BFR Bongo 5 You’ve Been Waiting For!
When Ernie Ball Music Man designates one of their instruments as BFR (Ball Family Reserve), you know you’re getting top-quality craftsmanship and materials. This Special Edition BFR Bongo 5 is a perfect example. It features a lightweight, resonant, Honduran mahogany body and neck, a silky-smooth ebony fingerboard with unique half-moon inlays, and a gorgeous satin finish with matte black hardware. The Bongo bass has been embraced by top bassists such as John Myung and Dave LaRue; and it’s easy to see (and hear) why. This advanced design rocks a sleekly sculpted body with a deep double cutaway that gives you effortless access to the upper register, a supremely comfortable neck, and two powerful neodymium humbuckers that serve up truckloads of beefy tone. An onboard 18-volt preamp with 4-band EQ completes the setup, delivering a powerful and diverse tonal palette. This Special Edition Ernie Ball Music Man BFR Bongo 5 is the one you’ve been waiting for, and it won’t be around for long — so grab it while you can!
Unconventional and awesome
Designed in collaboration with BMW Designworks, the BFR Bongo 5 features a cutting-edge layout with clean lines and stunning, unconventional good looks. Around the time of its 2003 January NAMM show unveiling, Dave LaRue of the Dixie Dregs put the 5-string through its paces and proclaimed that the next generation of Music Man basses had indeed arrived. With its active electronics, amazingly versatile controls, neodymium-magnet humbucking pickups, and a bevy of other innovations, the Bongo proves that when it comes to basses, Music Man is moving forward.
Music Man innovations
Ernie Ball Music Man Bongo basses feature many innovations that put them at the forefront of musical instrument manufacturing. Their truss rod adjustment wheel makes it easy to fine-tune the neck. Just take anything small such as an Allen wrench, nail, or small screwdriver, and turn the wheel a bit at a time until your neck relief is just right. The Bongo also boasts Music Man’s patented Compensated Nut, which delivers precise intonation across the entire neck. It’s just another way your Ernie Ball Music Man Bongo will help you sound your best.
The pro’s choice
Ernie Ball Music Man guitars and basses have been staples in the music scene since their introduction in the ’70s. In fact, some of the world’s best-known players have their own signature Music Man models. Always striving for a better instrument, Music Man introduced the first active EQ in production basses, optimized tuning gear placement, and much more. Musicians across a wide range of musical genres have played Music Man guitars and basses over the years including Steve Morse, Albert Lee, Tony Levin, John Petrucci, Steve Lukather, Flea, Dave LaRue, John Myung, and countless others. Join the pro club with your Ernie Ball Music Man BFR Bongo 5
Ernie Ball Music Man BFR Bongo 5 Electric Bass Features:
- Special-edition, advanced-design 5-string electric bass guitar
- Gorgeous satin finish with matte black hardware
- Lightweight, resonant, Honduran mahogany body
- Honduran mahogany neck, ultra-light satin finish
- 5-bolt neck attachment for perfect alignment with no shifting
- Sculpted neck joint gives you easy access to upper register
- Ebony fingerboard, 24 wide, high-profile nickel-silver frets, Half Moon inlays
- Two humbucking pickups with neodymium magnets deliver fat, punchy tone
- Active preamp with 4-band EQ gives you powerful tone-sculpting
- Graphite acrylic resin-shielded body cavity and aluminum control cover
- Music Man custom tuning machines
- Adjustable truss rod wheel
- Hardshell case included
- Handcrafted in the USA
- Body Shape:BFR Bongo
- Number of Strings:5
- Color:Honey Burst
- Body Material:Honduran Mahogany
- Body Finish:Satin
- Neck Material:Honduran Mahogany
- Neck Shape:Bongo
- Fingerboard Material:Ebony
- Fingerboard Inlay:White Half Moons
- Number of Frets:24, High Wide
- Scale Length:34"
- Nut Width:1.75"
- Nut Material:Bone
- Bridge/Tailpiece:Music Man Standard with Stainless Steel Saddles
- Tuners:Custom Music Man
- Neck Pickup:Neodymium Humbucker
- Bridge Pickup:Neodymium Humbucker
- Controls:1 x master volume, 1 x balancer, 4-band stacked Active EQ
- Strings:Super Slinky Bass, .046-.130
- Case Included:Hardshell Case
- Manufacturer Part Number:162-7V-20-00-CS-B1