Ernie Ball Music Man Bongo 4 Bass Guitar Fushia Sparkle F88586
Versatile, Comfortable, and Thoroughly Modern
The Ernie Ball Music Man Bongo 4 HH is a beautifully balanced electric bass with a resonant basswood body, fast-playing maple neck, and ebony fingerboard. The Bongo bass has been embraced by top bassists, such as John Myung and Dave LaRue, and it's easy to see why. A generous double cutaway design gives you effortless access to the upper register, while two powerful humbuckers with neodymium magnets deliver boatloads of beefy tone. An onboard 18-volt preamp with a 4-band EQ completes the Ernie Ball Music Man Bongo 4 HH, delivering an extremely wide array of tones.
Ernie Ball Music Man Bongo 4 HH Electric Bass at a Glance:
- The Bongo: unconventional and awesome
- Music Man innovations
- Music Man - the pro's choice
The Bongo: unconventional and awesome
Designed in collaboration with BMW Designworks, the Bongo boasts clean lines and stunning, unconventional good looks. Around the time of its 2003 January NAMM show unveiling, Dave LaRue of the Dixie Dregs put the Bongo version through its paces and proclaimed that the next generation of Music Man basses had indeed arrived. With its active electronics, amazingly versatile controls, neodymium-magnet humbucking pickups, and a bevy of other innovations, the Bongo proves that when it comes to creating the finest basses, Music Man is moving the art forward.
Music Man innovations
Ernie Ball Music Man Bongos feature many innovations that put them at the forefront of musical instrument manufacturing. Their truss rod adjustment wheel makes it easy to fine-tune neck alignment. Just take anything small such as an allen wrench, nail, or small screwdriver, and turn the wheel in small increments until your neck relief is just right.
Music Man - the pro's choice
Music Man guitars and basses have been staples in the music scene since their introduction in the '70s. In fact, some of the world's best-known players have their own signature Music Man models. Always striving for a better instrument, Music Man introduced the first active EQ in production basses, unique tuner placement, and much more. Musicians across a wide range of musical genres have played Music Man guitars and basses over the years, including Steve Morse, Albert Lee, Tony Levin, John Petrucci, Steve Lukather, Flea, Dave LaRue, John Myung, and countless others.
Ernie Ball Music Man Bongo 4 HH Electric Bass Features:
- Forward-thinking 4-string electric bass guitar
- Lightweight, resonant, basswood body with generous double cutaway
- Fast-playing maple neck with a ebony fingerboard and 24 wide, high-profile frets
- Two humbucking pickups with neodymium magnets deliver fat, punchy bass
- Active preamp with 4-band EQ gives you tons of control over your tone
- 5-bolt neck attachment for perfect alignment with no shifting
- Sculpted neck joint gives you easy access to upper register
- Adjustable truss rod wheel
- Graphite acrylic resin-shielded body cavity and aluminum control cover
- Number of Strings:4
- Body Shape:Bongo
- Body Material:Basswood
- Body Finish:High Gloss Polyester
- Color:Fuschia Sparkle
- Neck Material:Maple
- Fingerboard Material:Ebony
- Fingerboard Inlay:Custom half-moons
- Number of Frets:24, high profile wide
- Scale Length:34"
- Nut Width:1.625"
- Nut Material:Melamine
- Bridge/Tailpiece:Music Man Black matte hardened steel bridge plate, stainless steel saddles
- Tuners:Music Man lightweight tuners with tapered string posts
- Neck Pickup:Music Man Neodymium Humbucker
- Bridge Pickup:Music Man Neodymium Humbucker
- Controls:1 x volume, 1 x balance control, 4-band active EQ
- Case Included:Hardshell case
- Manufacturer Part Number:142-66-64-P2-CS-BM