Ernie Ball Music Man John Petrucci JPXI - Onyx
find lower price somewhere else? we match price! Let us know
You can buy from our marketplace too
This Is Your New BFR Shred Machine!
The Ernie Ball Music Man JPXI BFR 6 solidbody electric guitar is the latest collaboration between Ernie Ball Music Man and guitarist John Petrucci. Utilizing features from the BFR and JPX signature instruments, the JPXI 6 is equipped with a non-chambered alder body with a maple top, a mahogany tone block, and a mahogany neck with an ebony fingerboard. With its streamlined, symmetrical neck and slim profile, the JPXI BFR 6 is primed to lift you to new musical heights. Two DiMarzio humbuckers combined with an internal piezo system give you access to a multitude of tones. The Ernie Ball Music Man JPXI BFR 6 might just become your go-to electric guitar!
Ernie Ball Music Man JPXI BFR 6 Solidbody Electric Guitar at a Glance:
- Alder body with maple top and mahogany tone block provides killer tone
- Comfortable mahogany neck that is instantly playable
- Magnetic and piezo pickup systems for an endless selection of tones
- A collectible Ball Family Reserve instrument
Alder body with maple top and mahogany tone block provides killer tone
The JPXI BFR 6 utilizes an alder body with a maple top, creating an open resonance with a sharp attack. A mahogany tone block only adds to the JPXI BFR 6's already remarkable tone. Run the JPXI BFR 6 through just about any high-gain guitar amp and prepare to be amazed!
Comfortable mahogany neck that is instantly playable
That's why were's confident you'll love the JPXI BFR 6. Finished with Ernie Ball Music Man's proprietary formula of gunstock oil and a hand-rubbed special wax blend, the back of the JPXI 6's mahogany neck lets your hand glide along effortlessly. And with its 5-bolt attachment and sculpted neck joint, you have smooth access to higher frets.
Magnetic and piezo pickup systems for an endless selection of tones
Two humbuckers - a DiMarzio Crunch Lab in the bridge and a LiquiFire in the neck - can be combined with the JPXI BFR 6's internal piezo system to unlock an infinite selection of tones. Controlled with separate 3-way switches, both pickup systems have discrete outputs that you can use separately or combine them for access to even more sounds. If you like your sound thick, metallic, and crunchy, then you'll love the JPXI BFR 6!
A collectible Ball Family Reserve instrument
A Ball Family Reserve (BFR) instrument that celebrates Ernie Ball Music Man's heritage in guitar craftsmanship with some of the finest figured tonewoods and finishes available, the Ernie Ball Music Man JPXI BFR 6 is a supreme expression of the luthier's art. It's a superbly balanced instrument and, thanks to its sculpted alder body, it's supremely comfortable and lightweight - perfect for marathon gigs and sessions. This axe gives you the ultimate in playability. John Petrucci is a guitar legend, famous for his astonishing technical prowess and systematic demolition of musical boundaries. This man knows exactly what he needs in a solidbody electric guitar. Since his first Ernie Ball Music Man signature model, he has been working with the company to refine the concept. John thinks of his talented hands as being average-sized, and this is reflected in the slim neck taper - a profile also favored by a broad swath of guitarists. Add to that a premium rosewood fingerboard and 24 high-profile, wide stainless-steel frets, and you've got a high-speed, low-drag shredding machine.
Ernie Ball Music Man JPXI BFR 6 Solidbody Electric Guitar Features:
- Alder body with maple top and mahogany tone block provide killer tone
- Mahogany neck with ebony fingerboard is instantly playable
- Sculpted neck joint ensures smooth access to higher frets
- Magnetic and piezo pickup systems for an infinite selection of tones
The Ernie Ball Music Man JPXI BFR 6 is your ticket to shredding Nirvana!
- Body Type:Solidbody
- Body Shape:JP
- Number of Strings:6
- Body Material:Alder
- Top Material:Maple
- Body Finish:High Gloss Polyester
- Neck Material:Select Mahogany, Bolt-on
- Fingerboard Material:Ebony, 20" Radius
- Fingerboard Inlay:Custom JPXI
- Number of Frets:24, Medium Jumbo
- Scale Length:25.5"
- Nut Width:1.6875"
- Nut Material:Black Melamine
- Bridge/Tailpiece:Custom John Petrucci Music Man Piezo floating tremolo, made of chrome plated, hardened steel with solid steel saddles
- Tuners:Schaller M6-IND Locking with pearl buttons
- Neck Pickup:DiMarzio LiquiFire Humbucker
- Bridge Pickup:DiMarzio Crunch Lab Humbucker
- Controls:1 x Volume, 1 x Tone, 3-Way Toggle Pickup Selector
- Strings:RPS 10 Slinkys, (.010-.046)
- Manufacturer Part Number:969-OX-23-00-CS-CR