Ernie Ball Music Man StingRay Special 4 H Bass Guitar - Burnt Amber F91038
A Classic Groove Machine Reborn
Born in the '70s, the Ernie Ball Music Man StingRay bass has become the go-to bass for countless rockers, punks, indie bands, and many others. For 2018, the StingRay series has received its most profound updates in over a decade. Stainless steel frets promise long-term durability, even under the fingers of the most aggressive player. The pickups have been redesigned for more punch and sonic range, and the updated 18-volt preamp system delivers impressive headroom for a wide dynamic range. And to help you get through long sessions more comfortably, the body has been redesigned, and lighter-weight tuning machines and hardware contribute about a pound of weight relief
Killer electronics for super-punchy bass sound
From the very first time you plug in your Ernie Ball Music Man StingRay Special 4H, you'll appreciate both the phenomenal low-end punch and the massive tonal versatility its soapbar-style humbucker delivers. Granted, this neodymium pickup's stout pole pieces and beefy windings supply a solid foundation for your tone, but it's the StingRay Special 4H's 18-volt active preamp and 3-band EQ that really let you sculpt your sound. As a result, everyone from shoegazer-era rockers to funk masters has enjoyed the extreme punch this amazing instrument delivers.
Premium maple neck plays like a dream
There's simply no substitute for a great neck. Ernie Ball Music Man put a ton of work into developing a neck that would provide you with the perfect balance of comfort, speed, and stability, and for this StingRay Special 4H, they spec'd premium roasted maple for the neck and rosewood for the fingerboard. Finished with a blend of special wax and gunstock oil, the back of the StingRay 4H's neck feels amazing and lets your hand glide along effortlessly. And with its 5-bolt attachment, this bolt-on neck delivers stability that easily surpasses most set necks.
Loaded with StingRay style, sound, and innovation
The StingRay Special 4H, like the rest of Ernie Ball Music Man's StingRay bass lineup, claims roots that run back to the 1970s, when Ernie Ball Music Man was founded. Armed with fat and punchy humbuckers, active electronics, and a delightfully chunky neck, it's no wonder the StingRay became a standard for such bass players as Guy Pratt, Cliff Williams, and Flea. And this StingRay is outfitted with a rosewood fretboard for a smooth, fast feel and added sonic attack.
Ernie Ball Music Man StingRay Special 4H Bass Features:
- A performance-built bass any serious player can appreciate
- 22 stainless steel frets provide exceptionally long fret life and excellent tone
- A redesigned humbucker with 18-volt preamp and 3-band EQ gives you fat, punchy, and versatile tone
- Redesigned body and premium roasted maple neck deliver amazing comfort and sustain
- Redesigned hardware for a lighter, more comfortable playing experience
- Easy-access truss rod adjustment wheel
- Body Shape:StingRay Special
- Number of Strings:4
- Color:Burnt Amber
- Body Finish:High Gloss Polyester
- Body Material:Select Hardwood
- Neck Material:Roasted Maple
- Fingerboard Material:Rosewood
- Fingerboard Inlay:Dots
- Number of Frets:22, High Stainless Steel
- Scale Length:34"
- Nut Width:1.6875"
- Nut Material:Melamine
- Bridge/Tailpiece:Top-loaded Bridge with Nickel Plated Steel Saddles
- Tuners:Custom Lightweight with Tapered posts
- Bridge Pickup:Neodymium Humbucker
- Controls:1 x master volume, 3-band Active EQ
- Strings:Ernie Ball, .045-.100
- Case Included:Hardshell Case
- Manufacturer Part Number:107-AM-20-01-CS-CR