Music Man James Valentine Saturn Gold
find lower price somewhere else? we match price! Let us know
You can buy from our marketplace too
Vintage Tremolo Character from a Very Modern Guitar
Maroon 5's Jame Valentine has one of the most lauded signature models in the Music Man line up. And with the addition of the James Valentine Trem, that line up just got even better. The original model's ergonomic wedge shape, comfortable neck, custom electronics, and vintage character are all present and accounted for. Yet this model ups the game with the addition of a vintage-style tremolo for more phrasing options than ever. If you want a guitar with definite vintage leanings while still harnessing the best of modern updates, you owe it to yourself to check out the Music Man James Valentine Trem.
Vintage tonewoods with a twist
The ash body of the Music Man Valentine Trem solidbody electric guitar offers a clear attack, strong note definition, and a warm low end. This is a wonderful wood for funky chord stabs and rhythms. Matched with the roasted maple neck and fretboard, it exudes plenty of sustain. And they can really make the bridge pickup growl for modern country or even hard rock tones. The neck's roasting process also makes it very stable in a variety of climate situations.
Custom-wound humbucker and single-coil
The pickups in the Valentine Trem were designed in collaboration between James and Music Man. The bridge pickup is a vintage-sounding single-coil, though it's housed in a humbucker-type cover. And the neck humbucker is voiced very clearly to handle everything from jazz to hard rock tones. When you switch to the middle pickup selector position, you'll enjoy a cutting and still full-sounding tone that excels at sparkling arpeggios and tight picking-hand rhythm work. Hiendguitar players agree that this is a deceptively versatile electric guitar.
Coil splitting, boost, and more
The power of the Music Man Valentine Trem solidbody electric guitar is much more than meets the eye. Giving one of the pots a push engages an active boost, which is great when you need to get above a band for a solo, or when you need a little extra grit and sustain from your dirty tone. Pushing the other pot splits the neck humbucker, making the Valentine Trem sound very similar to a classic guitar with two single-coils. And the body's revolutionary wedge shape causes the instrument to be very comfortable while helping to reduce weight.
Floating vibrato and Schaller locking tuners for perfect pitch
With the Ernie Ball Music Man custom floating vibrato aboard the James Valentine Trem signature electric guitar, you'll get in tune and stay there. It's constructed of chrome-plated hardened steel with bent-steel saddles. The headstock is adorned with Schaller M6 locking tuners that make string changing fast and easy. Just insert the string, tighten the clamp screw, and tune it up to pitch. Strings won't be wound around the shaft, so your tuning will be reliable, no matter how hard you play.
Music Man James Valentine Trem Signature Electric Guitar Features:
- Maroon 5 guitarist James Valentine's signature guitar
- Ash body is classic for spanky tones
- The roasted maple neck is very stable
- Music Man tremolo offers vintage feel with modern stability
- Custom-wound single-coil and humbucking pickups
- Neck humbucker can be split for single-coil tones
- Push/push controls access a powerful gain boost
- The wedge-shaped body is comfortable and keeps the weight down
- Locking tuners ensure tuning stability
- Body Type:Solidbody
- Body Shape:Valentine
- Number of Strings:6
- Body Material:Ash
- Body Finish:High Gloss Polyester
- Color:Saturn Gold
- Neck Material:Roasted Maple
- Neck Shape:C shape
- Fingerboard Material:Select Roasted Maple
- Fingerboard Inlay:Black Dots
- Number of Frets:22, Medium
- Scale Length:25.5"
- Nut Width:1.625"
- Nut Material:Black Melamine compensated
- Bridge/Tailpiece:Music Man Modern Hardtail with Vintage Bent Steel Saddles
- Tuners:Schaller M6-IND locking
- Neck Pickup:Music Man Custom Wound Humbucker
- Bridge Pickup:Music Man Custom Wound Staggered Pole Single-coil
- Controls:1 x volume (push/push boost), 1 x tone (push/push coil split), 3-way blade pickup switch
- Strings:RPS 11 Slinky #2242, .011-.048
- Case Included:Hardshell Case
- Manufacturer Part Number:571-SA-R1-01-CS-CR