ESP Vulture James Hetfield black satin
find lower price somewhere else? we match price! Let us know
You can buy from our marketplace too
High-performance James Hetfield Signature
ESP and Metallica’s James Hetfield joined forces to bring you the Vulture — a lethal sonic weapon with an aggressive V-shaped body and high-octane active pickups. The Vulture is jam-packed with high-performance features. Its mahogany body delivers loads of warmth and resonance, while set-neck construction ensures maximum sustain. Playability is effortless, thanks to a comfortable Thin U-shaped neck and fast-playing ebony fingerboard. The Vulture was built tough — its rock-solid TonePros locking Tune-o-matic bridge and locking Gotoh tuners are tailor-made for aggressive, hard-hitting performances. The Vulture includes an eye-catching custom fingerboard inlay, along with black hardware and a sleek satin finish.
Sleek and aggressive Vulture body
Hetfield's love of V-shaped axes goes all the way back to the beginning of Metallica, and he's been playing them off and on ever since. The ESP Vulture brings this love to the ESP production line. The Vulture sports hooked wing ends and an identifiable headstock design. Its body features a forearm comfort contour that adds to the guitar's intense lines while being a pleasure to play. There's a reason that the Vulture is a favorite among metal purists here at Sweetwater.
Maximum output and clarity from EMG JH Het Set active pickups
Metallica and EMG have both individually and collectively helped define the modern sound of heavy metal guitar. When James got together with EMG to design his signature set of pickups, they set out to create a pair of active humbuckers that offered the output and clarity of the 85 and 81 pair Hetfield had been using for decades, but with the nuance, punch, and dynamics of a great set of passive pickups. The JH pickup set uses oversized ceramic and steel pole pieces to give the Vulture that exact combination for a powerful rock sound.
Eye-catching, high-performance features
The Vulture James Hetfield signature electric guitar boasts a lot of eye-catching, high-performance features. Its set-neck construction ensures maximum sustain. Gotoh locking tuners make string changes a breeze while keeping your tuning stable. A TonePros locking Tune-o-matic bridge and tailpiece lock the guitar’s hardware down to its body, giving you optimal string vibration transfer to your guitar's body. Beyond that, the Vulture’s sleek ebony fretboard displays James's custom inlay on the 12th fret.
ESP Vulture Features:
- James Hetfield signature guitar with aggressive V-shaped body
- Mahogany body and neck deliver loads of warmth and resonance
- Sleek, fast-playing ebony fretboard with eye-grabbing custom inlay
- Set-neck construction ensures maximum sustain
- Active EMG JH Het Set of humbucking pickups ensures maximum output and clarity
- Rock-solid TonePros Tune-o-matic bridge and tailpiece
- Comfortable Thin U neck profile with 22 extra-jumbo frets
- Locking Gotoh machine heads keep you in tune
- Body Type:Solidbody
- Body Shape:James Hetfield Vulture
- Number of Strings:6
- Body Material:Mahogany
- Body Finish:Satin
- Neck Material:1-piece Mahogany
- Neck Shape:Thin U
- Fingerboard Material:Ebony
- Fingerboard Inlay:Pearl Dots with Vulture Design
- Number of Frets:22, Extra Jumbo
- Scale Length:24.75"
- Nut Width:1.653"
- Nut Material:Bone
- Bridge/Tailpiece:TonePros Locking Tune-O-Matic
- Tuners:Gotoh Locking
- Neck Pickup:EMG JH Humbucker
- Bridge Pickup:EMG JH Humbucker
- Controls:2 x volume, 3-way toggle pickup switch
- Strings:Elixir Nanoweb, 10s
- Case Included:Hardshell Case
- Manufacturer Part Number:EVULTUREBLKS