Fender American Original '50s Stratocaster - White Blonde with Maple Fingerboard
find lower price somewhere else? we match price! Let us know
You can buy from our marketplace too
Inspired by Strats of the late 1950s
The Fender American Original '50s Stratocaster is a dead ringer for a classic '59 — save for a few modern refinements. The American Original '50s ash body and Soft "V" maple neck are staples of this era, as are its vintage-tall frets, synchronized trem system, and nitro lacquer finish. Yet an enlarged 9.5" fingerboard radius (from 7.25") gives the American Original '50s Strat an advantage for lead work. Meanwhile, a trio of painstaking Pure Vintage '59 pickups with period-correct wire, bobbins, and pole pieces — wax potted for feedback control and wired for 5-way switching — puts this instrument in a class all its own.
Classic neck with a modern fingerboard radius
This Strat's Soft "V" neck profile feels great in the hand, especially for thumb-over players. Think of it as an early-'50s "U" shape with the shoulders cut off for added clearance. Where the American Original '50s Stratocaster has the advantage over a classic '59 is its enlarged 9.5" (from 7.25") fingerboard radius, which allows for upper-register leads and bends with less risk of fretting out.
Pure Vintage '59 pickups
This Strat's Pure Vintage '59 single-coils are as period correct as they come, from the fiber bobbins and Alnico V magnets right down to the Formvar-coated coil wire and cloth-covered output wires. Wax potting keeps feedback and icepicks to a minimum, while contemporary 5-way switching unlocks in-between tones impossible on a true '59.
Classic nitro-finished ash body
This Strat's resonant ash body retains its full tonal characteristics thanks to a nitrocellulose lacquer finish. This is just another reason why, for classic inspiration and modern playability, it's hard to top the Fender American Original '50s Strat from Hiendguitar.
Fender American Original '50s Stratocaster Features:
- Tribute to a 1959 Stratocaster
- Pure Vintage '59 pickups are painstakingly period correct
- Modern 5-way switching unlocks in-between tones
- '50s-era Soft "V" maple neck feels great for thumb-over playing
- Modern 9.5" fingerboard radius minimizes fretting out
- Resonant ash body with breathable nitrocellulose lacquer finish
- Sustain-enhancing bone nut
- 6-saddle synchronized tremolo bridge
- Kluson-style vintage tuning machines
- Body Type:Solidbody
- Body Shape:Stratocaster
- Number of Strings:6
- Body Material:Ash
- Body Finish:Gloss Nitrocellulose Lacquer
- Color:White Blonde
- Neck Material:Maple
- Neck Shape:Soft V
- Fingerboard Material:Maple
- Fingerboard Inlay:Black Dots
- Number of Frets:21, Vintage Tall
- Scale Length:25.5"
- Nut Width:1.650"
- Nut Material:Bone
- Bridge/Tailpiece:6-Saddle Pure Vintage Synchronized Tremolo
- Tuners:Pure Vintage
- Neck Pickup:'59 Pure Vintage Single-coil
- Middle Pickup:'59 Pure Vintage Single-coil
- Bridge Pickup:'59 Pure Vintage Single-coil
- Controls:1 x master volume, 2 x tone, 5-way blade pickup switch
- Strings:Fender USA, .010-.046
- Case Included:Vintage-Style Hardshell Case
- Manufacturer Part Number:0110112801