Fender rarities red mahogany top telecaster
find lower price somewhere else? we match price! Let us know
You can buy from our marketplace too
A Real Gem in Fender’s Rarities Series
The Fender Red Mahogany Top Telecaster is May’s entry in their Rarities Series, and it’s a real gem. Its ash body seems typical enough, but that’s just a starting point. The magic starts with its figured red mahogany top — and not just because of its eye-popping looks. This exquisite top also enhances the guitar’s tone, creating a resonant blend of brightness, warmth, and sustain. And when you plug it in, a duo of single-coil pickups serves up a superb array of tones ranging from classic Tele twang to an overwound Strat-like sound with serious punch. A modern deep C-shaped maple neck and 9.5"-radius maple fingerboard ensure impressive comfort and playability. A dazzling natural woodgrain finish, along with attractive gold hardware and pearl tuner buttons, round out the Red Mahogany Top Telecaster’s impressive highlights.
Top-shelf woods offer premium tone and looks
The Fender Rarities Series Red Mahogany Top Telecaster is built from premium woods. Its ash body is topped with eye-popping figured red mahogany, yielding a resonant blend of brightness, warmth, and sustain. Its maple neck and fingerboard, besides offering exquisite playability, add extra bite and sustain to this guitar’s beautiful tonal cocktail. The Red Mahogany Top Tele’s gloss polyurethane finish adds a dazzling silky sheen to its natural woodgrain finish.
Twisted Tele pickup dishes out punchy single-coil tones
One thing that’ll be clear from the first time you plug in is that this Rarities Series guitar packs more punch than a standard Tele. That’s because the Red Mahogany Top Telecaster comes loaded with a Custom Shop Twisted Tele neck pickup. This unique pickup borrows the taller Alnico V magnets from Fender’s Jazz Bass pickups, providing the added bobbin space for thicker-gauge wire for a hotter, brighter, and punchier sound that’s almost Strat-like. The Red Mahogany Top Telecaster’s Twisted Tele neck pickup is the perfect complement to its vintage-style single-coil bridge pickup.
Fender Rarities Series — a new boutique-style guitar every month
Starting in April of 2019, Fender will release a new boutique-style guitar each month. Dubbed the Fender Rarities Series, these guitars feature premium woods, quilted maple tops, F-holes, high-end electronics, and all kinds of eye-popping finishes. The Rarities Series includes various Telecasters, Stratocasters, and a Jazz Bass — a total of nine instruments in all.
Fender Rarities Red Mahogany Top Telecaster Solidbody Electric Guitar Features:
- Ash body delivers a great balance of brightness and warmth
- Eye-popping figured red mahogany top enhances resonance and sustain
- Modern deep C-shaped maple neck yields impressive playing comfort
- 9.5"-radius maple fingerboard with 22 narrow-tall frets enables easy playability
- Twisted Tele neck pickup exhibits an overwound Strat-like sound with serious punch
- Vintage-style single-coil bridge pickup serves up classic Tele tones
- Body Type:Solidbody
- Body Shape:Telecaster
- Number of Strings:6
- Body Material:Ash
- Top Material:Red Mahogany
- Body Finish:Gloss Polyurethane
- Neck Material:Maple
- Neck Shape:Modern C
- Fingerboard Material:Maple
- Fingerboard Inlay:Black Pearloid Dots
- Number of Frets:22, Narrow Tall
- Scale Length:25.5"
- Nut Width:1.685"
- Nut Material:Bone
- Bridge/Tailpiece:3-saddle Strings-through-body
- Tuners:Deluxe Cast, Sealed with Peaerl Buttons
- Neck Pickup:Custom Twisted Single-coil
- Bridge Pickup:Vintage-style Single-coil
- Controls:1 x Volume, 1 x Tone, 3-position blade pickup selector
- Strings:Fender 250L NPS .009-.042
- Case Included:Hardshell Case
- Manufacturer Part Number:0176506821