Legendary tone from unpotted MHS humbuckers
When players think of the ES 335, they think of its unique tone signatures — from growl and howl to sweet, crisp whispers, the ES 335 covers the tonal color palette through blues, jazz, and rock. Loaded with a pair of unpotted humbucking pickups, each with its own volume and tone controls, the ES 335 lets you dial in jangly country tones to distorted rock tones with ease and precision. The neck pickup gives you classic semi-hollowbody tones for everything from smooth jazz to dirty blues. Flip to the bridge position, and you'll command sounds from bright and clean to raw and mean.
Vintage detail and styling
The ES 335 Figured includes new appointments to add even more authenticity and vintage vibe to a classic. Necks are now attached using hide glue, which lasts longer than synthetic glue, and to some, even improves the guitar's sound. Gibson Memphis also re-engineered the truss rod, truss rod washer, and anchor to their original forms. They also eliminated the tubing that surrounded the truss rod — all subtle yet important changes to both the durability of the ES 335 and its overall tone. Classic Grover Milk Bottle Rotomatic tuners are also featured on the ES 335 and lend even more visual classic vibe and style.
Gibson Memphis ES-335 Figured Features:
- Semi-hollowbody design for enhanced harmonic richness
- 3-ply maple/poplar/maple top and back
- Adirondack spruce bracing for vintage tonality
- Hide-glued mahogany neck, rosewood fingerboard
- Comfortable, lightweight body with historically correct slim horns at the cutaway
- Period-correct window center block shape and neck profile
- Unpotted MHS humbuckers (Alnico III neck, Alnico II bridge)
- Grover Milk Bottle Rotomatic tuners for vintage visual style