Gibson Memphis ES-275 Custom 2018 - Dark Vintage Natural 7729
find lower price somewhere else? we match price! Let us know
You can buy from our marketplace too
The Classic Archtop, Reinvented
Gibson Memphis designed the ES-275 Custom based on input from players demanding modern playability from a traditional hollowbody jazz guitar. For the body, Gibson began with the iconic L-5 — the holy grail of archtops — and made the dimensions more compact for comfort on long gigs. The neck comes from a Les Paul to offer additional frets and enhanced access to them. And the MHS pickups used in the ES-275 Custom are quickly becoming a favorite at Sweetwater for their clarity, richness, and ability to genre hop effortlessly. The striking visuals of this impeccable instrument are complimented by mother-of-pearl full-block fingerboard inlays, a lustrous nitrocellulose finish, and gold hardware that includes Gibson's historic Three-bar Archtop tailpiece . The ES-275 Custom could well be on its way to becoming Gibson's next classic.
New body design from Gibson Memphis
It's not every day that Gibson Memphis releases a brand new body style. So the ES-275 Custom is already a guitar to take note of. It shares more than a tip-of-the hat to the legendary Gibson L-5 in its curvaceous body and venetian cutaway. But player demand led Gibson to give the ES-275 Custom tighter dimensions, making it more comfortable to play. And classic maple tonewood construction is used for the way it adds note definition and sustain to the warmth and naturally round character of a hollowbody's tone.
Fast, familiar Les Paul-style neck
The guitar's neck was another element Gibson Memphis took another look at with the ES-275 Custom. Players were asking for additional frets and better access to them. Instead of starting at square one, Gibson looked to their very own Les Paul for inspiration. The ES-275 Custom neck is fitted with 22 frets and set into the body to give you easy access to each and every one of them. And you will positively revel in the rolled neck binding. It feels just like a familiar, well-loved guitar that you've been playing for years.
Pickups built just for Gibson hollowbodies
Because a new guitar design deserves a new electronics package, Gibson Memphis designed their MHS humbucking pickups to bring the best out of their hollowbody models. Expect the clarity and nuance of the best vintage PAF-style pickups, which balance wonderfully with the round tones the guitar's body naturally elicits. For full tonal control, you have separate volume and tone controls for each pickup, along with a 3-way toggle pickup-selector switch. Under the hood, the ES-275 Custom's MTC Premiere control assembly is hand-wired with matched 550K potentiometers and Orange Drop capacitors, ensuring you'll hear the mellifluous voice of your hollowbody in all its glory, even when you back down your volume.
Nitro finish, for the look and feel of a classic
The Gibson Memphis ES-275 Custom wears a gorgeous nitrocellulose lacquer finish. Nitro finishes — standard back in the day — are significantly thinner than today's polyurethane finishes, allowing the guitar to "breathe." Nitro finishes not only look vintage-y wonderful; they also enhance the instrument's tonal qualities. This guitar has the look (and feel) of a lovingly cared-for classic — one that will only improve with age.
Gibson Memphis ES-275 Custom Hollowbody Electric Guitar Features:
- A gorgeous limited-edition archtop handcrafted by Gibson's elite Custom Shop luthiers
- 3-ply figured maple/poplar/maple top with quartersawn Adirondack spruce bracing
- 3-ply figured maple/poplar/maple sides and back
- Multi-ply body binding
- Rounded C-profile quartersawn mahogany neck
- Dark rosewood fingerboard with 22 frets, rolled binding, and mother-of-pearl full-block inlays
- 24.75" scale length; 1.687"-wide bone nut
- ABR-1 bridge with titanium saddles and rosewood base
- Three-bar Archtop tailpiece
- Grover Milk Bottle Rotomatic tuners
- Gold hardware; gold Speed Knobs
- MHS Humbucker Rhythm and Lead pickups
- MTC Premiere control assembly hand-wired with matched 550K pots and Orange Drop capacitors
- 3-way toggle switch with separate volume and tone controls for each pickup
- Body Type:Hollowbody
- Body Shape:ES-275
- Number of Strings:6
- Body Material:3-ply Figured Maple/Poplar/Maple
- Top Material:3-ply Figured Maple/Poplar/Maple
- Body Finish:Nitrocellulose Lacquer
- Color:Dark Vintage Natural
- Neck Material:Quartersawn Mahogany
- Neck Shape:Rounded C
- Fingerboard Material:Dark Rosewood
- Fingerboard Inlay:Mother-of-pearl Full Blocks
- Number of Frets:22, Medium Jumbo, Nickel Silver
- Scale Length:24.75"
- Nut Width:1.687"
- Nut Material:Bone
- Bridge/Tailpiece:ABR-1 Bridge with Titanium Saddles and Rosewood Base
- Tuners:Grover Milk Bottle Rotomatics
- Neck Pickup:MHS Rhythm Humbucker
- Bridge Pickup:MHS Lead Humbucker
- Controls:2 x volume, 2 x tone, 3-way toggle pickup switch
- Case Included:Hardshell Case
- Manufacturer Part Number:ES275F18DNGH1