Gibson Memphis ES-330 2018 - Sunset Burst
find lower price somewhere else? we match price! Let us know
You can buy from our marketplace too
Vintage Appeal From a Truly Unique Instrument
From your first notes on the Gibson Memphis ES-330, you'll be transported to a time when hollowbody electric guitars were king. From the 3-ply maple and poplar body and mahogany neck to the smoothly rounded feel of the creme binding along the hand-selected dark rosewood fretboard, it's a pure vintage experience through and through. Plug the ES-330 into your favorite tube amp, dial in the dual MHS P-90 single-coil pickups, and you'll be conjuring everything from mellow, vibrant jazz tones to the sound of a rock 'n' roll revolution.
Crafted with a decidedly vintage character
Gibson Memphis wanted to re-create the experience of playing a classic Gibson ES and built the ES-330 with plenty of vintage appeal. The single-chamber body has a 3-ply maple/poplar/maple top and back and creates a lively and vibrant sound with incredible sustain. The neck is carved from specially chosen quartersawn mahogany, enhancing its strength and preventing twisting or warping. And the P-90 pickups sport black plastic covers, standard on early ES models before switching to nickel covers.
Hollowbody plus two P-90s equals tonal freedom
Both acoustically and plugged in, the Gibson Memphis ES-330 absolutely sings. The fully-hollow body allows harmonics and overtones to develop beautifully, and the sweet tone is only enhanced by airy warmth. Dual MHS P-90 single-coil pickups, each with their own volume and tone controls, allow you to explore a very wide tonal range. This ES-330 packs underwound pickups for a vintage sound that can cover everything from jazz and R&B to country rock and blues.
Amazingly smooth playability, with Plek precision
Countless guitarists over the decades have loved their Gibson electrics for their "just right" feel and response. This ES-330's rounded fingerboard binding enhances the feel of the well-balanced mahogany neck, and the Plek Pro fret-optimization process ensures precision intonation and incredibly smooth action for the feel of an instrument that's been broken in. Play it fast or strum it slowly, play it unplugged or drive it through your tube amp — the ES-330 will respond beautifully no matter how you play it.
Gibson Memphis ES-330 Hollowbody Electric Guitar Features:
- Recreation of the classic ES-330 hollowbody electric guitar
- Fully-hollow 3-ply maple/poplar/maple top and back
- Quartersawn mahogany neck enhances strength and resistance to twisting or warping
- Underwound P-90s have a wonderfully vintage tone with exceptional sonic versatility
- Hand-selected rosewood fingerboard plays very smoothly, thanks to the rounded cream binding
- Plek Pro fret treatment ensures ultra-precise setup, intonation, and action
- Body Type:Hollowbody
- Body Shape:ES-330
- Number of Strings:6
- Body Material:3-ply Maple/Poplar/Maple
- Top Material:3-ply Maple/Poplar/Maple
- Body Finish:Nitrocellulose Lacquer
- Color:Sunset Burst
- Neck Material:Quartersawn Mahogany
- Neck Shape:Rounded C
- Fingerboard Material:Rosewood
- Fingerboard Inlay:Pearloid Small blocks
- Number of Frets:22, Medium Jumbo
- Scale Length:24.75"
- Nut Width:1.687"
- Nut Material:Bone
- Bridge/Tailpiece:ABR-1 with titanium saddles and thinline trapeze tailpiece
- Tuners:Vintage style with white oval buttons
- Neck Pickup:MHS P-90 Single-coil
- Bridge Pickup:MHS P-90 Single-coil
- Controls:2 x volume, 2 x tone, 3-way toggle pickup switch
- Case Included:Hardshell case
- Manufacturer Part Number:ES3018SBNH1