Gibson ES335 Satin 2018 - Walnut 7739
find lower price somewhere else? we match price! Let us know
You can buy from our marketplace too
Classic Semi-hollowbody Electric
The first semi-hollowbody electric guitar of its kind, the historic Gibson ES 335 is considered a semi-hollowbody standard even today. With impeccable sound across a wide range of tonal options, the Gibson ES 335 can be found in the hands of jazz, blues, and rock players all over the globe. For 2018, Gibson brings the ES 335 Satin to you with all the same exquisite craftsmanship and detailed appointments that made the original a smash hit in 1958 when it debuted. A 3-ply figured maple and poplar top and back, with a center block of maple and a quartersawn mahogany neck, make up the quality tonewoods of the ES 335 Satin. In addition, quartersawn Adirondack spruce is used in the bracing to further enhance the rich tone of this seminal instrument. For blazing amplified sound, the ES 335 comes with Burstbucker 1 and 2 pickups and MTC Premiere controls, giving you a massive range of stylistic options for performance. Semi-hollowbody players here at Hiendguitar love the Gibson ES 335 Satin and know you will, too!
Legendary tone from potted Burstbuckers
When players think of the ES 335, they think of its unique tone signatures — from growl and howl to sweet, crisp whispers, the ES 335 covers the tonal color palette through blues, jazz, and rock. Loaded with a pair of potted Burstbucker pickups, each with its own volume and tone controls, the ES 335 lets you dial in jangly country tones to distorted rock tones with ease and precision. The neck pickup gives you classic semi-hollowbody tones for everything from smooth jazz to dirty blues. Flip to the bridge position, and you'll command sounds from bright and clean to raw and mean.
Vintage detail and styling
The ES 335 Satin includes new appointments to add even more authenticity and vintage vibe to a classic. Necks are now attached using hide glue, which lasts longer than synthetic glue, and to some, even improves the guitar's sound. Gibson Memphis also re-engineered the truss rod, truss rod washer, and anchor to their original forms. They also eliminated the tubing that surrounded the truss rod — all subtle yet important changes to both the durability of the ES 335 and its overall tone. Classic Grover 102 Rotomatic tuners are also featured on the ES 335 and lend even more visual classic vibe and style.
Gibson Memphis ES-335 Satin Features:
- Semi-hollowbody design for enhanced harmonic richness
- 3-ply maple/poplar/maple top and back
- Adirondack spruce bracing for vintage tonality
- Hide-glued mahogany neck, rosewood fingerboard
- Comfortable, lightweight body with historically correct slim horns at the cutaway
- Period-correct window center block shape and neck profile
- Potted Burstbucker 1 and 2 pickups for killer tone and variety
- Grover 102 Rotomatic tuners for vintage visual style
- Body Type:Semi-hollowbody
- Body Shape:ES-335
- Number of Strings:6
- Body Material:3-ply Maple/Poplar/Maple
- Top Material:3-ply Maple/Poplar/Maple
- Body Finish:Satin
- Neck Material:Quartersawn Mahogany
- Neck Shape:Rounded C
- Fingerboard Material:Rosewood, rolled binding
- Fingerboard Inlay:Pearloid Small Blocks
- Number of Frets:22
- Scale Length:24.75"
- Nut Width:1.687"
- Nut Material:Bone
- Bridge/Tailpiece:ABR-1 Bridge with Titanium Saddles, Die-cast Zinc Tailpiece
- Tuners:Grover 102 Rotomatics
- Neck Pickup:Burstbucker 1 Humbucker
- Bridge Pickup:Burstbucker 2 Humbucker
- Controls:2 x volume, 2 x tone, 3-way toggle pickup switch
- Case Included:Hardshell Case
- Manufacturer Part Number:ESDS18WANH1