Gibson SG standard ebony 2018
find lower price somewhere else? we match price! Let us know
You can buy from our marketplace too
Gibson's SG Standard: Play the Legend
Immortalized by Santana at Woodstock and smashed onstage by Townsend, the Gibson SG is a rock icon. Gibson's Nashville-made SG Standard 2018 is the real deal, arming you with a pair of toneful humbuckers, a slim-profile neck, and a silky Plek'd rosewood fretboard with action that's almost nonexistent. The SG's lightweight mahogany body delivers great sustain and no pain, even if you play all night. And the nitro finish looks and feels luscious while enhancing the tone of this legendary solidbody electric guitar. Own your piece of rock history: the Gibson SG Standard 2018.
Lean, mean rock machine
The Gibson SG Standard, famous for its comfortable, fast-action neck, is a perennial favorite among guitarists at Hiendguitar. Whether you're chording down low or soloing up high, the distinctive SlimTaper neck carve always feels just right. The guitar's iconic double-horned cutaway gives you free access to the high registers, while its Plek'd fretboard ensures effortless playability. The Gibson SG Standard 2018 is a lean, mean rock machine.
The best of vintage and modern
For the 2018 SG Standard, Gibson has gone back to the SG's roots and captured the essence of the groundbreaking 1961 model — including the sound that propelled this guitar to the forefront of rock music. But they didn't stop there: modern enhancements include locking tuners for rock-solid pitch stability and binding that's rolled over the 22 medium frets on the solid rosewood fingerboard, for a playing experience that's smooth as silk. The instrument's potent, expressive tone is deployed by a duo of 61 humbuckers that re-create the sonic magic of late-era PAF pickups. With the Gibson SG Standard 2018, you have the best of vintage and modern.
Nitro finish, for the look and feel of a classic
The SG Standard 2018 wears a gorgeous nitrocellulose lacquer finish. Nitro finishes — standard back in the day — are significantly thinner than today's polyurethane finishes, allowing the guitar to "breathe." Nitro finishes not only look vintage-y wonderful; they also enhance the instrument's tonal qualities. This guitar has the look (and feel) of a lovingly cared-for classic — one that will only improve with age.
Gibson SG Standard 2018 Features:
- Comfortable, lightweight mahogany body
- Fast mahogany SlimTaper neck; 24.75" scale length
- Bound rosewood fingerboard with acrylic trapezoid inlays
- Plek'd fretboard for effortless playability
- 22 cryogenically treated medium frets
- 1.695"-wide Tektoid nut
- Lightweight aluminum Tune-O-Matic Bridge and stop-bar tailpiece
- Classic black Top Hat knobs
- Locking Kidney tuners
- Chrome-plated hardware
- Humbucking pickups 61R neck; 61T bridge
- 2 volume, 2 tone controls; 3-way toggle selector
- Body Type:Solidbody
- Body Shape:SG
- Number of Strings:6
- Body Material:Mahogany
- Body Finish:Gloss Nitrocellulose
- Neck Material:Mahogany
- Neck Shape:Slim Taper
- Fingerboard Material:Rosewood, white binding
- Fingerboard Inlay:Acrylic Trapezoid
- Number of Frets:22, Medium
- Scale Length:24.75"
- Nut Width:1.695"
- Nut Material:Tektoid
- Bridge/Tailpiece:Aluminum tune-o-matic bridge with aluminum stopbar tailpiece
- Tuners:Locking Kidneys
- Neck Pickup:61R Humbucker
- Bridge Pickup:61T Humbucker
- Controls:2 x volumes, 2 x tones, 3-way toggle pickup switch
- Case Included:Hardshell case
- Manufacturer Part Number:SGS18EBCH1