PRS S2 McCarty 594 thinline Frost Green Metallic S2047249
A McCarty 594 Thinline for the Working Musician
A classic workhorse with a distinctive edge, the PRS S2 McCarty 594 Thinline solidbody electric guitar gives you buttery playability, exquisite tone, and stunning good looks — all packed into an instrument priced for the working musician. Two custom-wound, coil-splittable 58/15 S humbuckers serve up a huge range of warm, harmonically rich tone that overdrives your amp beautifully. And the PRS S2 McCarty 594 Thinline’s timeless yet modern appearance — accented by iconic PRS Bird inlays — will command attention every time you take the stage.
Mahogany body looks and sounds amazing
To give this PRS S2 McCarty 594 Thinline electric guitar a rich yet balanced sound, PRS began by choosing tried-and-true mahogany. The 594 Thinline’s mahogany body gives you natural tonal warmth, a smooth high end, and great sustain. Together with the top-quality PRS adjustable stoptail bridge and vintage-style tuners, this premium tonewood delivers an incredibly balanced sound.
Custom-wound 58/15 S humbucking pickups
Playing through this McCarty 594 Thinline’s 58/15 S humbuckers is a wonderful experience. That’s because PRS spec’d the guitar with pickups that deliver powerful, clear tone with lively characteristics. You’ll enjoy the vintage-style clarity they exude, while still being about to drive your favorite amplifier into harmonically rich overdrive. Featuring a powerful bridge pickup and a full-range neck pickup, this pickup set delivers an organic tone with impressive sonic punch.
Pattern Vintage profile and 24.594" scale length
The PRS S2 McCarty 594 Thinline features PRS’s Pattern Thin neck profile. Evolved from designs Paul Reed Smith has been working on for decades and perfected after years of prototyping, the Pattern Thin neck carve is an updated version of the traditional Wide Thin neck style. The Pattern Thin neck shape is ideal for players with smaller hands or guitarists who use classical left-hand positioning, pivoting with their thumb on the back of the neck. And for enhanced playability, this guitar features the silky, relaxed handfeel of McCarty’s iconic 24.594" scale length (the source of the “594” in the model name).).
PRS S2 McCarty 594 Thinline Solidbody Electric Guitar Features:
- Mahogany body; gloss finish
- Mahogany neck, Pattern Thin profile; gloss finish
- Rosewood fingerboard, 10" radius, Bird inlays
- 24.594" scale length, 22 frets
- 2 custom-wound 58/15 S pickups
- 3-way pickup selector, per-pickup Volume and Tone controls
- Push-pull Tone pot for coil-splitting
- PRS 2-piece stoptail bridge
- Vintage-style tuners
- Number of Strings:6
- Body Type:Solidbody
- Body Shape:S2 McCarty 594 Thinline Doublecut
- Body Material:Mahogany
- Body Finish:Gloss
- Neck Material:Mahogany
- Neck Shape:Pattern Thin
- Neck Joint:Set Neck
- Fingerboard Material:Rosewood
- Fingerboard Inlay:PRS Birds
- Number of Frets:22
- Scale Length:24.594"
- Nut Width:1.6875"
- Nut Material:Synthetic/Bronze powder blend
- Bridge/Tailpiece:PRS 2-Piece Stoptail
- Neck Pickup:PRS 58/15 "S" Humbucker
- Bridge Pickup:PRS 58/15 "S" Humbucker
- Controls:2 x volume, 2 x tone (push/pull coil-split)
- Switching:3-way toggle pickup switch
- Strings:PRS, .010-.046
- Case Included:Gig Bag
- Manufacturer Part Number:106757:VM:TB5