PRS S2 Satin Standard 24 - Vintage cherry 040583
You can buy from our marketplace too
Thin Satin Finish and Upgraded Pickups The PRS S2 Standard 24 Satin solidbody electric guitar is oozing with classic PRS playability, tone, and workmanship. This gorgeous instrument has a comfortable asymmetric bevel-cut mahogany double-cutaway body and an expressive vibrato bridge/tailpiece. Upgraded 85/15 "S" humbuckers serve up sweet, vintage tone by the truckload. This guitar sports a fast mahogany Pattern Regular neck with an extended 24-fret rosewood fingerboard that makes high-register soloing easy. Anyone searching for a great-sounding, great-playing solidbody electric guitar should check out the PRS S2 Standard 24 Satin.
The PRS S2 series of guitars: extreme value
In their never-ending quest for guitar perfection, PRS has created the S2 series of guitars. These guitars were designed to give you all the tone and playability that the PRS Maryland factory is known for in an affordable, beautiful instrument. Key features of this series include PRS S2 locking tuners, custom-wound pickups, the PRS Pattern Regular neck shape, PRS bridge, and a hybrid gloss finish. The PRS S2 Standard 24 Satin delivers amazing playability and big guitar tone at a killer price.
PRS 85/15 "S" pickups offer remarkable clarity and extended tonal range
Playing your favorite licks through the PRS S2 Standard 24 Satin's 85/15 "S" pickups is a wonderful experience. That's because 85/15 "S" pickups are modeled after the 85/15 pickups Paul Reed Smith designed for PRS’s 30th Anniversary. From shimmering cleans to blistering high-gain tones, the clarity and extended tonal range provided by these pickups make the S2 Standard 24 Satin the ideal workhorse guitar. A push-pull tone pot further fortifies your sonic arsenal with a range of spanky single-coil tones. At Sweetwater, we love the sweetened, vintage-inspired sound of 85/15 "S" humbuckers.
Pattern Regular profile neck feels great and plays smoothly
The PRS S2 Standard 24 Satin gives you a Pattern Regular-profile mahogany neck fitted with a rosewood fretboard. A hallmark of PRS quality, neck shapes are, of course, critical to your playing experience. Perfected after years of prototyping, the Pattern Regular neck carve is based on Paul Reed Smith's original, pre-factory neck design — the same one used on instruments he built in the late '80s at PRS's Virginia Avenue location. You'll love the playability and feel of the PRS S2 Standard 24 Satin electric guitar!
PRS S2 Standard 24 Satin Solidbody Electric Guitar Features:
- Comfortable contoured mahogany body with asymmetric beveled top
- Easy-playing mahogany Pattern Regular neck with rosewood fingerboard, 24 frets, and dot inlays
- PRS 85/15 "S" humbucking pickups offer remarkable clarity and extended tonal range
- Push-pull tone pot serves up spanky single-coil tones
- PRS S2 vibrato bridge/tailpiece delivers everything from subtle expression to full dive-bombs
- PRS S2 locking tuners provide rock-solid intonation
- Body Type:Solidbody
- Body Shape:PRS Doublecut
- Number of Strings:6
- Body Material:Mahogany
- Body Finish:Satin Nitrocellulose
- Neck Shape:Pattern Regular
- Fingerboard Material:Rosewood
- Fingerboard Inlay:Dots
- Number of Frets:24
- Scale Length:25"
- Nut Width:1.656"
- Nut Material:Synthetic/Bronze powder blend
- Bridge/Tailpiece:PRS Molded Tremolo
- Tuners:PRS Low Mass Locking
- Neck Pickup:85/15 "S" Bass Humbucker
- Bridge Pickup:85/15 "S" Treble Humbucker
- Controls:1 x master volume, 1 x tone (push/pull coil-tap), 3-way blade pickup switch
Case Included:Gig Bag