PRS SE Mark Holcomb SVN - Holcomb Burst 2020
You can buy from our marketplace too
A Technical 7-string Created in Holcomb's Image
The PRS SE Mark Holcomb SVN is an affordable way to nail the prog-metal tones of Holcomb's band Periphery. This highly specialized 7-string boasts features that help Holcomb excel at his technical playing style, such as a proprietary fixed PRS bridge and a 20" fingerboard radius; together, these endow the SE SVN with unflappable tuning and effortless playability. The ebony-capped, 26.5"-scale Wide Thin maple neck adds punch and clarity to those dropped-A riffs. And with 24 frets on the board, the Mark Holcomb SVN makes it easy to nail those wide octave runs and sweeps. The Se SVN's proudly sports Paul Reed Smith's script headstock and Birds inlays, adding extra "cool" to PRS players in the know. And for outrageous tone, the SE Mark Holcomb SVN come outfitted with a pair of Mark's signature Seymour Duncan pickups to give you clarity and definition, even in high-gain situations.
Specialized for the needs of Mark Holcomb
Periphery have helped set the bar for modern progressive metal, and Mark Holcomb is a lot of the reason why. His style combines exotic note runs, intense jack-hammer riffing, and fluty single-note melodies, all of which requires a high specialized instrument. While Mark's Maryland-made Limited Edition signature model has been a huge hit for PRS, this SE SVN makes his signature instrument attainable for a much wider audience.
Clean, muscular tones
The engine that make the SE Mark Holcomb SVN run are its Mark Holcomb signature Alpha and Omega Seymour Duncan passive humbucking pickups. Each pickup was designed to achieve a very specific result. The Omega bridge pickup is focused and aggressive in the mids and lows for plenty of punch, while retaining enough highs to ensure high-gain note clarity. The Alpha neck pickup combines the fat and glassy sounds of other neck humbuckers with plenty of pick attack and clear fretting-hand phrasing. And a push-pull tone knob adds single-coil type tones to the guitar's voice.
Every aspect of the SE Mark Holcomb SVN has been crafted to allow an unrestricted playing experience. The maple neck is capped with a beautiful piece of ebony that feels sleek under the fingers, while its 20" fretboard radius aids in wide bends and nimble string-to-string playing. The neck also boasts PRS's famed Wide Thin neck carve that is full enough to remain comfortable, but thin enough for you to fly up and down the frets.
Made beautiful, inside and out
The SE Mark Holcomb SVN's rich-yet-balanced sound is a result of its timeless tonewoods combination: mahogany capped with a solid maple top, here with a stunning quilt maple veneer. The mahogany body gives you natural tonal warmth, which is offset perfectly by the brighter tone of its maple top. Together, these tonewoods give you an incredibly balanced sound. The set maple neck and 24-fret ebony fretboard offer smooth playability and a full two-octave range on every string.
PRS SE Mark Holcomb SVN Electric Guitar Features:
- Signature 7-string from Periphery's Mark Holcomb
- Toneful mahogany body with a stunning quilt maple top (veneer over solid maple)
- Wide Thin set maple neck with 20"-radius ebony fingerboard
- 26.5" scale adds note definition and down-tuning stability
- Holcomb signature Seymour Duncan Alpha and Omega humbucking pickups
- Push-pull tone knob accesses single-coil-style tones
- Fixed-bridge design aids in solid tuning under heavy playing
- PRS script headstock and Birds inlays
- Body Type:Solidbody
- Body Shape:SE Mark Holcomb SVN
- Number of Strings:7
- Body Material:Mahogany
- Top Material:Quilted Maple veneer
- Body Finish:Gloss
- Color:Holcomb Burst
- Neck Material:Maple
- Neck Shape:Wide Thin
- Fingerboard Material:Ebony
- Fingerboard Inlay:PRS Birds
- Number of Frets:24
- Scale Length:26.5"
- Nut Width:1.875"
- Nut Material:Synthetic
- Bridge/Tailpiece:PRS String-Through Plate style
- Tuners:PRS Designed
- Neck Pickup:Seymour Duncan Alpha Humbucker
- Bridge Pickup:Seymour Duncan Omega Humbucker
- Controls:1 x master volume, 1 x master tone (push/pull coil-split), 3-way blade pickup switch
- Strings:PRS, .010-.059
- Case Included:Gig Bag
- Manufacturer Part Number:105713:HB