PRS Silversky dodgem blue
PRS'S TAKE ON AN AMERICAN CLASSIC
The PRS Silver Sky was designed by Paul Reed Smith and built to John Mayer's specifications. This vintage-inspired guitar boasts a familiar shape with an eye-catching contrasting tone in its cutaway scoop. Its neck carve, scale length, and fingerboard radius were modeled after John's early-'60s instruments; however, a modified PRS-style headstock and locking tuners propel it firmly into the twenty-first century. Park this axe in front of any tube amp, and its sweet-sounding single-coil pickups will churn out glassy, musical tones with excellent note definition. Beyond that, the Silver Sky includes a bone nut, molded metal jack plate, retooled knobs, custom fret-wire, and PRS's double-action truss rod.
VINTAGE-INSPIRED NECK WITH PRACTICAL CONTEMPORARY TOUCHES
The Silver Sky's bolt-on neck is patterned after John Mayer's beloved vintage instruments. Its fingerboard is loaded with 22 custom-sized frets, and it boasts a 25.5" scale length and 7.25" radius. At Sweetwater, we're intimately familiar with the unique feel of classic American electric guitars, and we can attest — PRS nailed it. Wrap your hand around this neck, and you'll agree — it just feels right. The Silver Sky features an inverted PRS-style headstock that's been modified to accommodate John's playing style and to keep a consistent length of string behind the nut, which improves intonation. You also get traditional vintage-style closed-back tuners with modern locking mechanisms.
A TRIO OF SWEET-SOUNDING SINGLE-COIL PICKUPS
If you're a single-coil tone connoisseur, you'll love the PRS Silver Sky. Its pickups combine the best elements of early-'60s American electric guitars: a round and full tone with glassy, musical highs that never venture into ice-pick land. The chiming harmonics yielded by these pickups are jaw-dropping. And when you put them in front of a tube amp, you get a gorgeous growl with outstanding note definition. These pickups have a few modern tricks up their sleeve, too: they exhibit a higher signal-to-noise ratio than vintage models, and their in-between sounds are noise canceling. On top of that, their electronics have been precision valued, ensuring superior consistency from pickup to pickup.
CLASSIC-STYLED TREMOLO WITH MODERN RELIABILITY
Much like its tuners, the Silver Sky's tremolo takes a classic design and embellishes it with modern features. For starters, it features PRS's unthreaded tremolo arm, which supplies you with a small set screw to optimize its playing position. Beyond that, Gen III knife-edge screws ensure a reliable return to pitch. Also, per John Mayer's request, the tremolo rests flush against the guitar's body in a neutral position, so that it only goes down in pitch. Keeping the bridge in contact with the body amplifies the guitar acoustically, which improves the signal-to-noise ratio of the Silver Sky's pickups.
PRS JOHN MAYER SILVER SKY SOLIDBODY ELECTRIC GUITAR FEATURES:
- Vintage-inspired guitar based on John Mayer's early-'60s instruments
- Familiar shape with an eye-catching contrasting tone in its cutaway scoop
- Comfortable bolt-on maple neck is patterned after John Mayer's beloved vintage instruments
- Easy-playing rosewood fingerboard with 22 custom-sized frets, 25.5" scale length, and 7.25" radius
- Inverted PRS-style headstock was modified to accommodate John's playing style and improve intonation
- Sweet-sounding single-coil pickups churn out glassy, musical tones with excellent note definition
- Classic-styled tremolo with PRS’s unthreaded trem arm and Gen III knife-edge screws
- Traditional vintage-style closed-back tuners with modern locking mechanisms
- Includes a bone nut, molded metal jack plate, retooled knobs, and PRS's double-action truss rod
- Body Type:Solidbody
- Body Shape:PRS John Mayer
- Number of Strings:6
- Body Material:Alder
- Body Finish:Gloss
- Neck Material:Maple
- Neck Shape:635JM
- Fingerboard Material:Rosewood
- Fingerboard Inlay:Small Birds
- Number of Frets:22, Custom-sized
- Scale Length:25.5"
- Nut Width:1.656"
- Nut Material:Bone
- Bridge/Tailpiece:Steel Tremolo Bridge
- Tuners:Vintage-style Locking
- Neck Pickup:635JM Single-coil
- Middle Pickup:635JM Single-coil
- Bridge Pickup:635JM Single-coil
- Controls:1 x master volume, 2 x tone, 5-way blade pickup switch
Case Included:Gig Bag