PRS Vela frost blue metallic S2038900
PRS's First Offset Body Design
With the S2 Vela, PRS yet again displays its commitment to bold exploration in design and vision. The S2 Mira is PRS's first off-set body design that pays homage to both the classic PRS body as well as hints of other vintage body designs from various makes and models. It's truly a one-of-a-kind guitar that sits beautifully at the waist whether standing or sitting and feels great in the hands. With a solid mahogany body all the way through the Pattern Regular neck, and a PRS Vela Treble pickup at the bridge paired with a Type-D single-coil bass pickup at the neck, this guitar oozes versatility in tone and sonic styling. PRS lovers here at Sweetwater have embraced the Vela and know you will too once you try it out!
PRS Vela humbucker and Type-D single-coil pickups with coil-tap
The PRS Treble humbucker is a low output pickup and for good reason. It can take you to places that higher output pickups can't — like jangly, sweet tones that hearken back to the vintage sound of the 50's and 60's. Pull the tone pod, split the coils and now you have even more tonal options. The Type-D single-coil in the neck position opens even more doors to vintage tone. With all the versatility you could ask for, the PRS S2 Vela can move you through a variety of genres and tap into the tones and stylings that fit — rock, country, blues, even ambient — the Vela is that axe that cuts through just about any style you're feeling at the moment.
Brand new PRS plate-style bridge with brass saddles
For something completely different, PRS unveils their new plate-style bridge with two adjustable brass string saddles, manufactured for precise intonation. Being reminiscent of Paul Reed Smith's early designs, the bridge is a total departure from PRS's current offerings. The Vela's new bridge design will give you all the twang, sustain, and clarity you're after.
PRS S2 Vela Features:
- Offset body is a new take on a classic design
- PRS Vela treble and Type-D single-coil pickups open the door on tone and style
- PRS plate-style bridge for maximum sustain and twang
- Pattern Regular neck provides comfort and playability
- Locking S2 Tuners offer easy string changes and tuning stability
- 25" scale length for ideal string tension and ease of playing
- Body Type:Solidbody
- Body Shape:S2 Vela
- Number of Strings:6
- Body Material:Mahogany
- Body Finish:Gloss Acrylic Urethane
- Color:Frost Blue Metallic
- Neck Material:Mahogany
- Neck Shape:Pattern Regular
- Fingerboard Material:Rosewood
- Fingerboard Inlay:Dots
- Number of Frets:22, Medium Jumbo
- Scale Length:25"
- Nut Width:1.656"
- Nut Material:Synthetic/Bronze powder blend
- Bridge/Tailpiece:PRS Plate Style
- Tuners:PRS Low Mass Locking
- Neck Pickup:S2 Bass Type-D Single-coil
- Bridge Pickup:S2 Treble Starla Humbucker
- Controls:1 x master volume, 1 x master tone (push/pull coil-split), 3-way toggle pickup switch
- Case Included:Gig bag