Ernie Ball Music Man Bongo 5 Bass Guitar - Aqua sparkle F91501
Versatile, Comfortable, and Thoroughly Modern
The Music Man Bongo 5 is a beautifully balanced electric bass with a resonant basswood body and a fast-playing maple neck with a ebony fingerboard. The Bongo bass has been embraced by top bassists, such as John Myung and Dave LaRue, and it's easy to see why. A generous double cutaway design gives you effortless access to the upper register, while two powerful humbuckers with neodymium magnets deliver boatloads of beefy tone. An onboard 18-volt preamp with a powerful EQ completes the Music Man Bongo 5, delivering an extremely wide array of tones.
Music Man Bongo 5 Electric Bass at a Glance:
- The Bongo: unconventional and awesome
- Music Man innovations
- Music Man - the pro's choice
The Bongo: unconventional and awesome
Designed in collaboration with BMW Designworks, the Bongo 5 boasts clean lines and stunning, unconventional good looks. Around the time of its 2003 January NAMM show unveiling, Dave LaRue of the Dixie Dregs put the 5-string through its paces and proclaimed that the next generation of Music Man basses had indeed arrived. With its active electronics, amazingly versatile controls, neodymium-magnet humbucking pickups, and a bevy of other innovations, the Bongo proves that when it comes to basses, Music Man is moving forward.
Music Man innovations
Ernie Ball Music Man Bongos feature many innovations that put them at the forefront of musical instrument manufacturing. Their truss rod adjustment wheel makes it easy to fine-tune the neck. Just take anything small such as an allen wrench, nail, or small screwdriver, and turn the wheel a bit at a time until your neck relief is just right. The Bongo also boasts their patented Compensated Nut, which delivers precise intonation across the entire neck. It's just another way your Ernie Ball Music Man Bongo will help you sound your best.
Music Man - the pro's choice
Music Man guitars and basses have been staples in the music scene since their introduction in the '70s. In fact, some of the world's best-known players have their own signature Music Man models. Always striving for a better instrument, Music Man introduced the first active EQ in production basses, unique tuner placement, and much more. Musicians across a wide range of musical genres have played Music Man guitars and basses over the years including Steve Morse, Albert Lee, Tony Levin, John Petrucci, Steve Lukather, Flea, Dave LaRue, John Myung, and countless others.
Music Man Bongo 5 Electric Bass Features:
- Forward-thinking 5-string electric bass guitar
- Lightweight, resonant, basswood body with generous double cutaway
- Fast-playing maple neck with a ebony fingerboard and 24 wide, high-profile frets
- Two humbucking pickups with with neodymium magnets deliver fat, punchy bass
- Active preamp with wide-ranging EQ gives you tons of control over your tone
- 5-bolt neck attachment for perfect alignment with no shifting
- Sculpted neck joint gives you easy access to upper register
- Adjustable truss rod wheel
- Graphite acrylic resin-shielded body cavity and aluminum control cover
After a decade, the Music Man Bongo 5 is still the 5-string of the future.\
- Body Shape:Bongo
- Number of Strings:5
- Body Finish:Matte Polyester
- Neck Material:Select Maple
- Fingerboard Material:Ebony
- Fingerboard Inlay:Half-moons
- Number of Frets:24, high profile wide
- Scale Length:34"
- Nut Width:1.75"
- Nut Material:Black Melamine
- Bridge/Tailpiece:Music Man matte black hardened steel bridge plate with matte black steel saddles
- Tuners:Custom Music Man tapered string posts tuning machines
- Neck Pickup:Music Man Neodymium Humbucker
- Bridge Pickup:Music Man Neodymium Humbucker
- Controls:1 x volume, 1 x balance control, 4-band active EQ
- Strings:.045, .065, .080, .100, .130
- Case Included:Hardshell case
- Manufacturer Part Number:162-SK-24-02-CS-CR