Ernie Ball Music Man Bongo 6 Bass Guitar - Stealth black F91454
One of the Most Rewarding Bass Guitars You'll Ever Play
The Music Man Bongo 6 is a beautifully balanced electric bass with a svelte, resonant basswood body and a fast-playing maple neck with an ebony fingerboard. Upon its introduction, the Bongo bass was immediately embraced by top bassists like John Myung and Dave LaRue, and it's easy to see why. A generous double cutaway design gives you effortless access to the upper register, while two powerful humbuckers with neodymium magnets deliver boatloads of beefy tone. An onboard 18-volt preamp with a 4-band EQ completes the fabulous Music Man Bongo 6.
Music Man Bongo 6 Electric Bass at a Glance:
- The Bongo: unconventional and awesome
- It's easy to keep your Music Man in top playing condition
- Music Man - the pro's choice
The Bongo: unconventional and awesome
Designed by Music Man president Sterling Ball and the company's R&D department, the Bongo is a looker. BMW Designworks was largely responsible for the instrument's clean lines and stunning, unconventional good looks. Around the time of its 2003 January NAMM show unveiling, Dave LaRue put the 5-string version through its paces at a Dixie Dregs concert and afterward proclaimed that the next generation of Music Man basses had indeed arrived. Dave's been a Bongo player ever since. Another early adopter, Dream Theater's John Myung was a driving force behind the creation of the 6-string Bongo. With its active electronics, amazingly versatile controls, neodymium-magnet humbucking pickups, and a bevy of other innovations, the Bongo proves that when it comes to basses, history isn't doomed to repeat itself.
It's easy to keep your Music Man in top playing condition
Music Man instruments sport an innovative truss rod adjustment wheel that makes it easy to fine-tune the neck. Simply take an implement like an allen wrench, small screw driver, etc., and insert it into the truss rod adjustment wheel. Turn the wheel in small increments until the neck feels just right, and your Bongo 6 will be ready to rock. You won't have to do it often, but this innovative feature just goes to show you that Music Man instruments are made for hard-working, hard-playing musicians.
Music Man - the pro's choice
Music Man guitars and basses have been staples in the music scene since their introduction in the '70s. In fact, some of the world's best-known guitar players have their own signature Music Man models. Always striving for a better instrument, Music Man introduced the first production active EQ in basses and guitars, unique tuner placement, and much more. Musicians across a wide range of musical genres have played Music Man guitars and basses over the years including Steve Morse, Albert Lee, Tony Levin, John Petrucci, Steve Lukather, Flea, Dave LaRue, John Myung, and countless others. Join the pros and get a world-class Music Man instrument today!
Music Man Bongo 6 Electric Bass Features:
- Lightweight, resonant, basswood body with generous double cutaway
- Fast-playing maple neck with an ebony fingerboard and 24 wide, high-profile frets
- Two humbucking pickups with with neodymium magnets deliver fat, punchy bass
- Active preamp with 4-band EQ gives you tons of control over your tone
- 5-bolt neck attachment for perfect alignment with no shifting
- Sculpted neck joint gives you easy access to upper register
- Adjustable truss rod - no component or string removal required
- Body cavity and aluminum control cover coated with graphite acrylic resin for superior shielding
- Hardshell case included
Ready for a next-gen bass? You need the Music Man Bongo 6!
- Number of Strings:6
- Color:Stealth Black
- Body Material:Basswood
- Body Finish:High-gloss polyester
- Neck Material:Select maple, Bolt-on
- Neck Shape:Bongo
- Fingerboard Material:Ebony
- Fingerboard Inlay:Dots
- Number of Frets:24, wide high profile
- Scale Length:34"
- Nut Width:2.25"
- Bridge/Tailpiece:Music Man Black matte bridge with stainless steel saddles
- Tuners:Custom tuners with tapered string posts
- Neck Pickup:Music Man Neodymium Humbucker
- Bridge Pickup:Music Man Neodymium Humbucker
- Controls:1 x volume, 1 x balance control, 4-band active EQ
- Strings:Ernie Ball Slinky, .32, .045, .065, .080, .100, .130
- Case Included:Hardshell case
- Manufacturer Part Number:182-66-64-P2-CS-BM