Ernie Ball Music Man Luke III HSS - Bodhi Blue G96652
Steve Lukather’s Weapon of Choice
Steve Lukather’s intense, melodic playing style is influenced as much by early blues-rock pioneers like Hendrix and Page as it is by jazz fusion masters like Di Meola and Gambale. And Ernie Ball Music Man’s Luke III is a guitar worthy of the Steve Lukather name. This axe combines easy playability and rock-solid reliability, as evidenced by its comfortable double-cut alder body, vintage floating tremolo, and Schaller locking tuners. The Luke III boasts top-shelf tonewoods, with a rosewood fingerboard and roasted figured maple neck. Plus, it’s equipped with three creamy custom-wound Music Man pickups and an active preamp with a +12dB boost that’s guaranteed to launch your leads into the stratosphere. No matter what style of music you play, the Luke III will elevate your playing.
Active preamp gives you a +12dB boost
The Luke III's double-cutaway design gives you plenty of access across the fretboard to put its custom-wound Music Man humbucker and two custom-wound Music Man single-coil pickups to work. It's easy to breathe life into your playing with these passive pickups, but the Luke III gives you even more control with its Ernie Ball Music Man active preamp. From ear-splitting leads to cream-covered rhythms, these pickups deliver, and with a +12dB boost when you need it, complete tonal control is within arm's reach.
Incomparable roasted maple neck
The Ernie Ball Music Man Luke III's roasted maple neck features 22 frets, a 25.5-inch scale, and 12-inch neck radius. Its gunstock oil and hand-rubbed wax finish is unlike any other neck you'll play. There's no stickiness to slow you down and the natural woodiness makes the instrument feel like an extension of your hand. Along with its double-cutaway body style, the overall fluidity of this guitar's neck is extraordinary in all regards.
Floating tremolo and Schaller locking tuners for perfect pitch
With the Luke III's Ernie Ball Music Man floating vintage tremolo, you'll get in tune and stay there. This vintage-style tremolo is constructed of chrome-plated hardened steel with bent steel saddles. The guitar's headstock is adorned with Schaller M6 locking tuners that make string changing a cinch. Just insert the string, tighten the clamp screw, and tune it up to pitch. Strings won't be wound around the shaft so your tuning will be reliable, no matter how hard you play.
Ernie Ball Music Man Luke III Features:
- Contoured alder body provides equal doses of lows, mids, and highs
- Select roasted figured maple neck and rosewood fingerboard play like a dream
- MM chrome-plated, hardened-steel vintage floating tremolo with bent steel saddles
- 22 low profile, wide frets ensure high-speed, low-drag playing
- 3 custom-wound Music Man pickups: 1 humbucker (bridge), 2 single-coils (middle, neck) serve up a massive tone arsenal
- Active +12dB boost for pushing your overdriven amplifier over the edge
- Extensive electronic shielding eliminates pickup noise
- Body Type:Solidbody
- Body Shape:Luke III Doublecut
- Number of Strings:6
- Body Material:Alder
- Body Finish:High Gloss Polyester
- Color:Bodhi Blue
- Neck Material:Roasted Figured Maple
- Fingerboard Material:Rosewood
- Fingerboard Inlay:Dots
- Number of Frets:22, Low Wide
- Scale Length:25.5"
- Nut Width:1.625"
- Nut Material:Melamine
- Bridge/Tailpiece:Music Man Floating Vintage Tremolo
- Tuners:Schaller M6-IND Locking
- Neck Pickup:Music Man Custom Wound Single-coil
- Middle Pickup:Music Man Custom Wound Single-coil
- Bridge Pickup:Music Man Custom Wound Humbucker
- Controls:1 x master volume (push/push gain boost), 1 x master tone, 5-way blade pickup switch
- Strings:Ernie Ball, .009-.042
- Case Included:Hardshell Case
- Manufacturer Part Number:938-BC-R2-00-CS-CR