Ernie ball Musicman dark ray starry nights S09240
Custom Darkglass electronics with built-in distortion
Beyond its sleek suboceanic look, the BFR DarkRay takes its brooding name from a custom Darkglass 3-band active preamp that features two distinct built-in distortion circuits — Alpha or Omega — which take your tone from clean to crunchy to full-on heavy metal fury with the flick of a switch! A color-shifting LED on the gain knob glows menacingly when the distortion is engaged, either blue or red, depending on which circuit you choose. Plus, onboard volume, gain, blend, treble, and bass knobs make dialed-in tones easy to nail using this super-versatile bass.
Premium maple neck plays like a dream
Ernie Ball Music Man put a ton of work into developing a neck that would provide you with the perfect balance of comfort, speed, and stability. The BFR DarkRay’s premium roasted maple neck is smoky, ultra-stable, and polished with a blend of special wax and gunstock oil, so it feels amazing to play and behold. A roasted maple fretboard with a smooth, fast feel and extra sonic attack caps this neck of the BRF DarkRay. Plus, with its 5-point attachment, this bolt-on neck delivers stability that easily surpasses most set necks.
Loaded with StingRay style, sound, and innovation
The BRF DarkRay, like the rest of Ernie Ball Music Man's StingRay bass lineup, claims roots that run back to the 1970s, when Ernie Ball Music Man was founded. Armed with fat and punchy humbuckers, active electronics, and a delightfully chunky neck, it's no wonder the StingRay became a standard for such bass players as Guy Pratt, Cliff Williams, and Flea. The BFR DarkRay is the latest spin on this renowned bass formula, and it’s a truly unique instrument you won’t want to miss!
Ernie Ball Music Man BRF DarkRay Bass Guitar Features:
- A performance-built bass any serious player can appreciate
- Contoured black limba body delivers sweet, balanced tonal range
- 22 stainless steel frets provide exceptionally long fret life and excellent tone
- Single active humbucking pickup with neodymium magnets for hot output
- Custom Darkglass 3-band preamp with built-in Alpha and Omega distortion circuits churns out devastating tones
- Controls: 3-way preamp selector, 2-band EQ, pickup gain, volume, and blend
- Premium roasted maple neck and fingerboard deliver amazing comfort
- Black-plated steel hardware for a bold look
- Easy-access truss rod adjustment wheel
- Number of Strings:4
- Body Shape:DarkRay
- Body Finish:Satin
- Neck Material:Roasted Maple
- Neck Shape:C
- Neck Joint:5 Bolt-on
- Fingerboard Material:Roasted Maple
- Fingerboard Inlay:Dots
- Number of Frets:22, Stainless Steel
- Scale Length:34"
- Nut Width:1.6875"
- Nut Material:Compensated Melamine
- Bridge/Tailpiece:Vintage Music Man top loaded black plated
- Tuners:Custom Music Man
- Bridge Pickup:Music Man Neodymium Humbucker
- Controls:1 x volume, 1 x gain, 1 x blend, 1 x treble, 1 x bass
- Switching:3-way blade pickup switch (distortion selector)
- Strings:Ernie Ball Super Slinky, .045-.100
- Case/Gig Bag:Softshell Case
- Manufacturer Part Number:128-BNK-10-01-MB-B2