Fender American Original '60s Precision Bass - 3-Color Sunburst
find lower price somewhere else? we match price! Let us know
You can buy from our marketplace too
Vintage-inspired P Bass from Fender
From its introduction in 1951, the Fender P Bass was a hit for its playability and amplified tone, making it in the eyes of many the first widely accepted, widely played electric bass in the still-emerging world of modern music. Once the 1960s hit and the next great wave in rock and roll, jazz, soul, and blues began to swell, the Fender Precision Bass was there to catch the wave. From smoky Detroit soul and R&B clubs to the beaches of Southern California soaked in the sonic sunshine of sounds from the Beach Boys, the Fender P Bass laid the groove and put out the kind of wide-ranged tone that truly set the standard for modern electric bass sound and style. The American Original '60s Precision Bass from Fender continues that legendary tradition, bringing you a vintage-inspired build from the body to the headstock with classic appointments and modern playability.
Versatile, vintage pickup
The Pure Vintage '63 Precision Bass split-coil pickup is truly period-correct with enamel-coated coil, cloth-covered output wires, and Alnico 5 magnets. The sound this pickup puts out ranges from fat low end to punchy midrange to toothy treble — a beautiful sonic combination that is the foundation of Fender Precision Bass tone. Jazz, funk, rock — this bass can cover it all with the kind of tonal styling that leaves you and your audience satisfied.
That glorious neck
Ask any player who has spent time with the Thick C-style maple neck profile of the Fender American Original '60s Precision Bass, and you will hear a string of descriptors ranging from deep and balanced to one of a kind. With a 9.5" radius and a round, laminated rosewood fingerboard with vintage-tall frets, this neck sits beautifully in the hands and features a touch and response dynamic that opens wide the doors of stylistic exploration.
Fender American Original '60s Precision Bass Features:
- 4-saddle vintage-style bridge with threaded steel saddles provides amazing support for staying in tune
- Thick C-style maple neck profile sits balanced in your hand, inviting stylistic exploration
- Pure Vintage '63 Precision Bass split single-coil pickup kicks out a wide range of tonal stylings
- Nickel/chrome hardware adds vintage look and feel
- Body Shape:Precision
- Number of Strings:4
- Color:3-color Sunburst
- Body Finish:Gloss Nitrocellulose Lacquer
- Body Material:Alder
- Neck Material:Maple
- Neck Shape:1963 C
- Fingerboard Material:Round-laminated Rosewood
- Fingerboard Inlay:Vintage Clay Dot
- Number of Frets:20, Vintage Tall
- Scale Length:34"
- Nut Width:1.73"
- Nut Material:Bone
- Bridge/Tailpiece:4-Saddle Vintage Style, Threaded Steel Saddles
- Tuners:Pure Vintage Reverse Open-Gear
- Middle Pickup:Pure Vintage '63 Split Single-coil
- Controls:1 x volume, 1 x tone
- Strings:Fender USA 7250M, .045-.105
- Case Included:Black Hardshell
- Manufacturer Part Number:0190120800