Fender Rarities Flame Ash Top Stratocaster - Plasma Red Burst
A Stunning Entry in Fender’s Rarities Series
The Fender Flame Ash Top Stratocaster is October’s entry in their Rarities Series, and it’s guaranteed to elicit jealous stares every time you open your guitar case. It starts with an alder body — nothing new there. But then you take in its eye-popping flamed ash top and realize that this isn’t an off-the-shelf Strat. And it’s not just its looks — the ash injects this guitar’s inviting, balanced tone with a generous helping of brightness, warmth, and mids that really pop. And that’s before you even plug it in! When you do plug it in, you’ll be floored by the over-the-top bell-like, jangly, smooth, bluesy tone that’s provided by a trio of ’54 Strat single-coil pickups. A ’60s C-shaped maple neck and 9.5"-radius maple fingerboard ensure impressive comfort and playability. A dazzling sunburst finish and Pure Vintage hardware round out the Flame Ash Top Stratocaster’s impressive highlights.
Top-shelf woods offer premium tone and looks
The Fender Rarities Series Flame Ash Top Stratocaster is built from premium woods. Its alder body is topped with eye-popping flamed ash, yielding a balanced blend of brightness, warmth, and sustain. Its bird’s-eye maple neck and fingerboard, besides offering exquisite playability, add extra bite and sustain to this guitar’s beautiful tonal cocktail. The Flame Ash Top Strat’s gloss nitrocellulose lacquer finish adds a dazzling silky sheen to its sunburst wood grain finish.
’54 Strat pickups dish out smooth single-coil tones
Bell-like, jangly, smooth, and bluesy — ask any seasoned Strat player, and you'll get slightly different descriptions of what a 1954 Stratocaster is supposed to sound like. Words alone can't capture the sound, but the Custom Shop ’54 Strat single-coil pickups Fender designed for this guitar certainly can. In fact, the only place the Fender Custom Shop went off-book with the Flame Ash Top Stratocaster was the 5-way blade pickup selector they installed to give you access to those in-between tones early Strat players discovered by accident.
Fender Rarities Series — a new boutique-style guitar every month
Starting in April 2019, Fender will release a new boutique-style guitar each month. Dubbed the Fender Rarities Series, these guitars feature unique combinations of premium woods, quilted tops, F-holes, high-end electronics, and all kinds of eye-popping finishes. The Rarities Series includes various Telecasters, Stratocasters, and a Jazz Bass — a total of nine instruments in all. The guitarists here at are digging the uniqueness of these guitars, and we know our customers will, too.
Fender Rarities Flame Ash Top Stratocaster Features:
- Alder body delivers an inviting, balanced sound
- Eye-popping flamed ash top enhances brightness, warmth, and sustain
- ’60s C-shaped bird’s-eye maple neck yields impressive playing comfort
- 9.5"-radius maple fingerboard with 22 narrow-tall frets enables easy playability
- Custom Shop ’54 Strat single-coil pickups yield bell-like, jangly, smooth, bluesy tones
- Bone nut and 6-saddle synchronized tremolo ensure maximum sustain
- Gloss nitrocellulose lacquer finish adds a dazzling silky sheen to its sunburst wood grain finish
- Body Type:Solidbody
- Body Shape:Stratocaster
- Number of Strings:6
- Body Material:Alder
- Top Material:Flamed Ash
- Body Finish:Gloss Nitrocellulose Lacquer
- Color:Plasma Red Burst
- Neck Material:Birdseye Maple
- Neck Shape:'60s C
- Fingerboard Material:Birdseyve Maple
- Fingerboard Inlay:Black Pearloid Dots
- Number of Frets:21, Narrow Tall
- Scale Length:25.5"
- Nut Width:1.650"
- Nut Material:Bone
- Bridge/Tailpiece:Vintage 6-saddle Synchronized Tremolo
- Tuners:Vintage Single Line Fender Deluxe
- Neck Pickup:Custom Shop '54 Strat Single-coil
- Middle Pickup:Custom Shop '54 Strat Single-coil
- Bridge Pickup:Custom Shop '54 Strat Single-coil
- Controls:1 x Volume, 2 x Tone, 5-position blade pickup selector
- Strings:Fender 250L NPS, .009-.042
- Case Included:Brown Hardshell
- Manufacturer Part Number:0176502873