PRS S2 Standard 22 Electric Guitar - Vintage Cherry S2050834
Upgraded Pickups Offer Sweet, Vintage-inspired Tone
Playing the PRS S2 Standard 22 solidbody electric guitar is a treat. The way its asymmetric bevel-cut mahogany double-cutaway shape hugs your body feels extremely comfortable, and its rosewood-capped Pattern Regular neck is a joy to wrap your hand around. Experience remarkable vintage sweetness, clarity, and extended tonal range, courtesy of the PRS S2 Standard 22's upgraded 58/15 "S" humbuckers. Create subtle, expressive nuances, or perform full dive-bombs while maintaining perfect intonation, by virtue of this guitar's vibrato bridge/tailpiece. The PRS S2 Standard 22 is a great-sounding, great-playing solidbody electric guitar.
PRS 58/15 "S" pickups offer remarkable clarity and extended tonal range
Playing your favorite licks through the PRS S2 Standard 22's covered 58/15 "S" pickups is a wonderful experience. That's because 58/15 "S" pickups are modeled after the 58/15 pickups Paul Reed Smith designed for PRS’s 30th Anniversary. From shimmering cleans to blistering high-gain tones, the clarity and extended tonal range provided by these pickups make the S2 Standard 22 the ideal workhorse guitar. A push-pull tone pot further fortifies your sonic arsenal with a range of spanky single-coil tones.
The PRS S2 series of guitars: extreme value
In their never-ending quest for guitar perfection, PRS has created the S2 series of guitars. These guitars were designed to give you all the tone and playability that the PRS Maryland factory is known for in an affordable, beautiful instrument. Key features of this series include PRS S2 locking tuners, custom-wound pickups, the PRS Pattern Regular neck shape, PRS bridge, and a hybrid gloss finish. The PRS S2 Standard 22 delivers amazing playability and big guitar tone at a killer price.
Pattern Regular profile neck feels great and plays smoothly
The PRS S2 Standard 22 gives you a Pattern Regular-profile mahogany neck fitted with a rosewood fretboard. A hallmark of PRS quality, neck shapes are, of course, critical to your playing experience. Perfected after years of prototyping, the Pattern Regular neck carve is based on Paul Reed Smith's original, pre-factory neck design — the same one used on instruments he built in the late '80s at PRS's Virginia Avenue location. You'll love the playability and feel of the PRS S2 Standard 22 electric guitar!
PRS S2 Standard 22 Solidbody Electric Guitar Features:
- Comfortable contoured mahogany body with asymmetric beveled top
- Easy-playing mahogany Pattern Regular neck with rosewood fingerboard, 22 frets, and dot inlays
- PRS 58/15 "S" humbucking pickups offer remarkable clarity and extended tonal range
- Push-pull tone pot serves up spanky single-coil tones
- PRS S2 vibrato bridge/tailpiece delivers everything from subtle expression to full dive-bombs
- PRS S2 locking tuners provide rock-solid intonation
- Number of Strings6
- Body TypeSolidbody
- Body ShapeDoublecut
- Body MaterialMahogany
- ColorVintage Cherry
- Neck MaterialMahogany
- Neck ShapePattern Regular
- Fingerboard MaterialRosewood
- Fingerboard InlayIvoroid Dots
- Number of Frets22
- Scale Length25"
- Nut Width1.656"
- Nut MaterialPRS synthetic/bronze powder blend
- Bridge/TailpiecePRS Molded Tremolo
- TunersPRS Low Mass Locking
- Neck Pickup85/15 "S" Bass Humbucker
- Bridge Pickup85/15 "S" Treble Humbucker
- Controls1 x master volume, 1 x tone (push/pull coil-tap), 3-way blade pickup switch
- Case IncludedGig Bag
- Manufacturer Part Number:104118:VC:19B