PRS SE Paul's Guitar - Amber
Features and Visuals Inspired by Paul’s Personal Guitars
Features and visuals inspired by PRS founder Paul Reed Smith’s personal player collection come to a compelling price point in the PRS SE Paul’s Guitar. Integral to the Paul’s Guitar equation is a highly figured maple-capped mahogany body, for the sparkle, sustain, and sex appeal PRS players live and die by. Next up is the hand-filling 22-fret Pattern profile mahogany neck, which offers off-the-charts playability up and down the birds-clad rosewood fingerboard. On the electronics side, a pair of custom-spec’d TCI humbuckers with independent coil tap switches — a totally unique feature to any PRS outside the Core and Private Stock collections — delivers a stunning array of gossamer single-tone voicings to scorching high-gain humbucker heat and all stops in between. Factor in an authentic PRS stop tailpiece with brass inserts, and with the PRS SE Paul’s Guitar , you’ve got the very best of Paul’s decades of class-leading designs, all at an irresistible price.
The timeless marriage of maple and mahogany
Many of the world’s most sought-after guitars, including PRS’s own, have featured the same pairing of maple and mahogany you’ll find on the PRS SE Paul’s Guitar. These two tonewoods are thought to yield an ideal balance of sparkle, snap, and sustain — not to mention seriously compelling looks. And like any guitar fine enough to grace Paul’s personal collection, the Paul’s Guitar sports a stunning figuring pattern made all the more vivid by a flawless, tonally transparent gloss finish.
Versatile Pattern mahogany neck
Paul’s Pattern profile mahogany neck calls back to the company’s pre-factory guitar builds, found in the hands of the likes of Santana and Frampton in the ’70s and ’80s. The Pattern neck’s deep profile comfortably fills the hand and yields a warm, toneful sustain from top to bottom.
TCI humbuckers with coil tap toggles
A set of custom-spec’d TCI (Tuned Capacitance and Inductance) pickups with independent coil tap toggles allows players to access and blend single-coil and humbucker textures in any of the three pickup positions. The PRS SE Paul’s Guitar marks the first time you’ll find a pickup switching system this advanced outside the PRS Private Stock and Core lines.
PRS SE Paul’s Guitar Solidbody Electric Guitar Features:
- Features and visuals inspired by Paul’s personal PRS collection
- Coil tapped TCI humbuckers equip the PRS SE Paul’s Guitar for single-coil textures to high-gain humbucker heat in any of the 3 positions
- Highly figured maple-capped mahogany body is full of snap, sparkle, and sustain
- Hand-filling 25" Pattern profile mahogany neck offers off-the-charts playability
- 10"-radius rosewood fingerboard inset with birds inlays
- PRS stop tailpiece with brass inserts delivers rock-solid tuning stability
- Body Type:Solidbody
- Body Shape:PRS Doublecut
- Number of Strings:6
- Body Material:Mahogany
- Top Material:Flamed Maple Veneer
- Body Finish:Gloss
- Neck Material:Mahogany
- Neck Shape:Pattern Wide Fat
- Fingerboard Material:Rosewood
- Fingerboard Inlay:Birds
- Number of Frets:22
- Scale Length:25"
- Nut Width:1.6875"
- Nut Material:PRS Synthetic/Bronze blend
- Bridge/Tailpiece:PRS Stoptail with Brass Inserts
- Tuners:PRS Designed
- Neck Pickup:TCI "S" Bass Humbucker
- Bridge Pickup:TCI "S" Treble Humbucker
- Controls:1 x master volume, 1 x master tone, 3-way toggle pickup switch, 2 x mini-switches (coil-tap)
- Case Included:Gig Bag
- Manufacturer Part Number:103495:AB